Best Book Cliffs Deer hunt?

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
I know I know... Lots of 22" 140-150 bucks, and not many big boys. But, If you are wanting to hunt a 190+ buck on the Book Cliffs, what would be the best hunt to find a big boy? archery or South rifle?
Do you have a better chance finding that type of buck scouting the summer and archery?

I saw one buck on my muzzy hunt a few years ago that was near 190" 28" wide 4x4 with big forks great fronts had a big inline off a fork and a sticker off the other side. This was in the roadless section.

I personally prefer the archery hunt because the bulk of deer are congregated up higher and the big bucks are still in summer routines and haven't been bumped too much. I have been on at least 5 archery hunts with tag holders & have always seen a couple trophy bucks that were killable (actually killing them is a whole different ballgame ?)

Bow for sure boot!
Found my 190" buck in the summer and killed him on the bow hunt.
Same with my little bro found his 207" in summer killed bow hunt!

37205hornkiller.jpg

Tell them You want a different Tag Booty!

I Do know about where this Book Cliffs Trophy Lives!

He Really needs taken out booty!

199782018bookcliffsbuck.jpg

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

This really depends on the individual hunter and circumstances. If you're a proficient archery hunter, in great shape, with lots of time available to scout during the summer, then archery is your better option. If you're a guy that needs to hunt closer to the truck, not real good with running the hills and getting in close, or have no time to scout then the rifle is your better option.
I pretty well live on the mountain year round. Over the course of the summer I usually turn up 3-4 190"+ bucks, during the nine day rifle I might find 1. With an average client I would have better odds of getting that buck killed on the rifle hunt than any of the 3 or 4 on the archery. You dont have to impress anyone with your abilities, just be honest with yourself of what you can realistically do. If you choose to go guided, be honest with your guide, let them know your limitations so they can provide you the best chance for you.

And booty!

Do Tell them about the Loin Cloth!

They don't wanna see any Surprises!:D

Thanks y'all for the replies. I definitely like the sounds of archery, but have never been on the unit during.
My thoughts are the bigger bucks are easier to find in the summer, archery. But a little harder to kill. That's fine with me. I don't need a guarantee, just want to have a good time and hope to get lucky.

>And booty!
>
>Do Tell them about the Loin
>Cloth!
>
>They don't wanna see any Surprises!:D
>
>
>
I don't know WTH you're talking about. ?

>>And booty!
>>
>>Do Tell them about the Loin
>>Cloth!
>>
>>They don't wanna see any Surprises!:D
>>
>>
>>
>I don't know WTH you're talking
>about. ?

I do!?

Best have a high dollar pair of Bino if you don't want to go blind.
He does wear a extra small loin cloth.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Ya Know!

I Think booty has it Figured out!

He Takes some Damn Nice Bucks!

And I'm wondering if them Bucks have gotta take a Last Stop & Look at the Loin Cloth Thinking WTF kinda TARD is that Stocking Me?

Gives booty that needed Opportunity!:D

And BOOM!

>
>I'm just glad the loin cloth
>pic hasn't been regurgitated.

But just remember booty!

It can be!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom