Best deer unit

chasemike

If you were going to apply, for the best deer unit what would it be? Non resident. I have 10 points, & want to do it on my own. No horses, it would be by foot. I perfer, the desert area. Thanks Mike

Best unit means a ton of things to a ton of people but if I had to pick an overall good unit to hunt with a decent chance to draw and a good shot at a great buck... I'd go with 6. That bieng said, the sierras units hold some monsters!

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-11 AT 09:14AM (MST)[p] I wouldn't go with 6, especially if you prefer a desert area, and the sierras wouldn't even be on the list. 014 is one you should think about as a top choice, 22 late would be great, 23 is a good area, make some calls to the area biologists and find out how the deer herds are doing in 033 or maybe even 031, most of these are very hard to draw, so if you really want a tag, check the odds and use your choices wisely, good luck

I will second 6 as a top choice also 22 late.

Looked in both on dad's PIW tag a few years back and we saw a lot of nice bucks on 6 in the early hunt and considered going back lat but went to 22 late and saw a monster and dad missed a chance at a 190 4x4 but we wished we went back to 6 late.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-11 AT 01:31PM (MST)[p]Go with 22, 23, or 24. This buck is from one of these units (not going to say which one) killed with a muzzleloader at 35 yards. With 10 NR points I wouldn't apply for anything else.
6253dscn1285.jpg

Dam that is what I was hoping to see when I blew my points on a unit 6 muzzy hunt. Saw nothing of the sort, even packpacked in.

Bwht4x4, lets see a better pic of that toad.

The desert units (22, 23, 24) are good but the draw adds are tough and if you don't have the time to spend scouting they can be extremely tough hunts. The guys who consistenly produce from these units hunt them yearly and it shows. You can pull a great buck from almost any unit in NV, but like anywhere else there needs to be some time put in and luck involved.

Man I feel guilty. I drew non resident area 24 muzzeloader with only three points. Good area. Good bucks to be found.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom