Best dehydrator under $200

DMTJager

Looking for recommendations on a food dehydrator for under $200 that will last. Read a lot of reviews that praised different dehydrators performance but also read that it seams most dehydrators suffer a 10-15% rate of failure within 2 years or less.

I will be using it to make healthy jerky snacks for my family and at some point other fruits and veggies as well, but predominately it will be used to make jerky.

So anyone who can recommend a dehydrator that will last a good length of time please by all means tell me about them.

Thanks DMT/Art

I know several folks with an Excalibur. Had them for 15+ years. I think Cabelas make a knock off too.

+1 or more for the Excalibur. I've had mine for 5 plus years and no issues whatsoever..I got one without the auto timer/shutoff. That seemed to be a wasted extra feature, to me. If I want to do something for a set amount of time, I figured I I'd use a timer device that you plug in the unit at the outlet. To date I've never used it. The fan was a requirement me and not many had that in my price range which was like yours. It's as simple of a mechanical device as you can find these days, a heating element, thermostat and a fan- not much to go wrong..Pull it up on Amazon and read the many reviews, It will sell itself, :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom