Best fletching jig

Travis55

Hi I was wondering if the bitzenburger is still the preferred jig out there? I know there has been discussions on it in the past but was curious if there was something new/better out there. Shooting blazer vanes and am familiar with the bitzen. Thanks in advance

I have a Bitz and a JoJan.......haven’t used them in a while except for traditional feathers. All I use anymore for my Blazer vanes is an Arizona E-Z fletch mini. Exceptional helical for the shorter higher profile vanes. Bullet proof and much quicker.

Have a Bitz for feathers, but the AZ EZ fletch is by far my go to. With that said, I've been buying a half dozen arrows a year pre- fletched and haven't used any of the fletching tools in a few.

Seems like I've either gotten really good or really lucky as I never go through more than a few arrows a year, even with a number of 3D's and some serious hucking at 100 in my parking lot.

Trimming all the vanes off to use as a bare shaft seems to be my go to for damaged single vane arrows :)

Cheers, Pete

Thanks Pete. I too haven’t had to fletch any arrows in years, more so because drawing non-res tags is getting tougher, but my 10year old son just got a new bow for Christmas and the need to fletch arrows is happening quite often as he is learning how to shoot the full size bow

I hear you there Travis, my grand kids are getting close to needing bows with the oldest one at 7 now. Hadn't thought about it before now, but I'm sure I'll be needing to do some crazy amount of arrow building with the second one who's almost 4 now. He's a crazy one and I'm sure there will be arrows everywhere :)

Cheers, Pete

I'm pretty happy with the Bohning Helix Tower jig. I can do 3 fletchings at a time and it sets me up with a perfect 3 degree helical which works great for my set-up. Stabilizes my heavy FOC arrows and does not affect velocity at all.

Regardless of what you use, I think it's more important to use a good quality epoxy/glue, otherwise your jig of choice won't matter.

I have a Bohning Tower also. very easy to use and nearly always works perfect. for the amount I fletch. its prefect

The Bohning Tower Jig is a great setup for knocking out arrows in a hurry, my only complaint is that you're limited to 3 vanes and you can't customize the distance from your nock to the back of the vane...but the new Multi-Fletcher from Bohning takes care of those needs as well, and has quickly become my favorite jig.

As usual, agree with Roy on the EZ Fletch Mini. Gets 3 on quickly with good helical. I could never get the fletchings as uniform and solid with a Bitz.

The Bohning Tower Jig is a great setup for knocking out arrows in a hurry, my only complaint is that you're limited to 3 vanes and you can't customize the distance from your nock to the back of the vane...but the new Multi-Fletcher from Bohning takes care of those needs as well, and has quickly become my favorite jig.

The tower jig has become my favorite and most used fletching tool.

To vary the distance from nock to vane end, I simply put a piece of painters tape across the slot the vane sits in at whatever spot I choose, making sure all 3 are the exact same.

Have been doing the same arrow and vane combo for several dozen arrows now, I think I had to add another piece of tape one time. Works great for me and is a very fast and accurate fletching system. It also works great for replacing one damaged vane, just stick the other 2 in and it is lined up perfectly.

Used a one vane at a time Bitzenburger for years, still have it, never use it. Wouldn't go back.

Haven't seen the new multi-fletcher, will have to give it a look.

Good info.I just paid to have some done,and I need to start doing this myself.I don't like to pay people money for things I should and can do myself.

Another vote for AZ EZ Fletch for Blazer 2" vanes. After some extreme frustration paying a couple places to put vanes on for me (bad helical & poorly glued just falling off) I decided to just do them msyelf. Have had good luck with Arizona EZ Fletch... just make sure you clean it up good after use or it will get stuck shut.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom