Best guess when NV draw will post?

3TOE

Very Active Member
So a bunch of us are already chomping at the bit wondering when our CC’s will see a hit in the UT draw. Anyone want to guess when NV’s will be? Last year I received my emailed results on 5/24.
This year they say on or before 5/22. Who wants to go first? Lol

So a bunch of us are already chomping at the bit wondering when our CC’s will see a hit in the UT draw. Anyone want to guess when NV’s will be? Last year I received my emailed results on 5/24.
This year they say on or before 5/22. Who wants to go first? Lol
Friday the 22nd. By 4 am pst. Nevada has their stuff together!

Nice! I have to agree... I like that Kalkomey handles it now. IMO they do a much better job than NVHunt@SCI used to do for us.

Last year I remember my phone dinging at 3:30 am pst with an email saying results were posted. Nevada’s system is the easiest I’ve used out of all the western states by far! I wished my home state of Oregon could take a page or three out of Nevada’s book on how to conduct a relatively quick draw. Wished they managed our game as good as Nevada does too.

Last year I remember my phone dinging at 3:30 am pst with an email saying results were posted. Nevada’s system is the easiest I’ve used out of all the western states by far! I wished my home state of Oregon could take a page or three out of Nevada’s book on how to conduct a relatively quick draw. Wished they managed our game as good as Nevada does too.
I agree. With the draws conducted via a computer there is no reason it takes some of these states so long to get through the draws. NV does a great job of turning these around. My home state of SD also does a great job and usually has them out within 1-2 weeks.

Florida and TX are crazy fast. If I remember right they are less than a week. NV has one of the best turn around times in the west.

Yup, thankful NM does not have a point system ( this coming from a guy who has only gone 1/7 each of the last 2 years as a resident ) but for those states that do , Nevada has the best system. Rewarding the years of application and the fees involved fees significantly but still giving newbies a shot is only fair. Agree that states who delay application deadlines and drawing results more than a couple weeks are scamming us, no excuse for that in the modern computer age.

Struck out on utah!! Hopefully nevada will pull off some magic for me.
Same here man! I only have confidence in drawing a pronghorn HSTE’s tag here in NV. But... you never know. Good luck to you!

Emails will start coming out at 12:01 AM on May 22.
There will be a full moon that night so I will be out dancing around a bonfire and howling at the moon in prayer and celebration!
I wish you & your son luck in the draw buckhorn. Let out a howl for me too if ya don’t mind. Lol

Nevada's system is 100x better than Colorado's excuse for CPW. Just noticed yesterday they had the sheep and goat draw complete on April 23rd and kept the results from posting until May 1st. No reason being an overachiever when you can justify being average.

I've been lucky enough to pull 1st choice bull (2017), buck and antelope tags last year. My 221-223 late buck tag didn't end the way I'd envisioned.

Thinking my good luck in Nevada might be over, but you never know.

Good luck everyone!!!

For some reason I have a vague recollection of learning that I drew last year by checking my account on Kalkomey’s site before receiving the email. Does anyone else recall a similar experience or am I just imagining things?

Nevada's system is 100x better than Colorado's excuse for CPW. Just noticed yesterday they had the sheep and goat draw complete on April 23rd and kept the results from posting until May 1st. No reason being an overachiever when you can justify being average.

I've been lucky enough to pull 1st choice bull (2017), buck and antelope tags last year. My 221-223 late buck tag didn't end the way I'd envisioned.

Good luck everyone!!!
graybird- What happened on your 221-223 buck hunt? I’ve never drawn that tag, but it has been one of my choices almost every year I’ve applied. I know one older guy personally that drew that tag. He struck out after 7 days of hunting & then spotted a great buck not far from the road after he had packed up to drive home that morning. The deer is hanging on his wall now.

I personally don't think it was the unit itself, it was timing with hot weather. The first buck I put in the glass opening morning, just as the first rays of sun was peaking over the horizon was a solid 4-point high tight racked 180 class buck. Being opening morning and this was the first buck I'd spotted, the does were just starting to come into season, I thought it was only going to get better.

Then, it turned off hot and dry .. like upper 70s-80s in the heat of the day. Movement diminished to a couple hours early morning and late evenings and any signs of rutting activity stopped. About the 3rd day, I glassed up a lower 170 class buck that had 6-7" cheaters on each side, but he just looked young, passed him, too. Ended up killing a big 3 point the last evening I had to hunt. All in all, a great week in Nevada hunting, but certainly not the class of deer I'd envisioned hauling back to Colorado with me. But, that's the way it goes.

I personally don't think it was the unit itself, it was timing with hot weather. The first buck I put in the glass opening morning, just as the first rays of sun was peaking over the horizon was a solid 4-point high tight racked 180 class buck. Being opening morning and this was the first buck I'd spotted, the does were just starting to come into season, I thought it was only going to get better.

Then, it turned off hot and dry .. like upper 70s-80s in the heat of the day. Movement diminished to a couple hours early morning and late evenings and any signs of rutting activity stopped. About the 3rd day, I glassed up a lower 170 class buck that had 6-7" cheaters on each side, but he just looked young, passed him, too. Ended up killing a big 3 point the last evening I had to hunt. All in all, a great week in Nevada hunting, but certainly not the class of deer I'd envisioned hauling back to Colorado with me. But, that's the way it goes.
Understood... I had a similar experience back in 2016 in UT. I passed on a deer on the first evening that I later regretted when the weather changed. Myself and a buddy couldn’t turn up anything other than year and a half olds after that despite hunting really hard. Thanks for sharing & good luck to you in the draw.

Good luck everyone!!!

Graybird,

I beat the long odds and drew that tag 4-5 years ago. I went with everything I researched and hunted south the entire season waiting on the migration.

I’d hunted the Muzzy elk a few years before and in hindsight, I should have been on Grafton.

high hopes, then disappointment.

Just got my email from Utah. My son in law drew the Pauns mgmt rifle tag with less points than me.
Daughter, son in law, and oldest grandson are all in for NV so I'm hopeful that we draw a tag or two.
I still have to apply for deer in AZ and everything in CA.
So far its been a good year. AZ rut bow tag for me, AZ youth rifle cow tags for both my 10 and 12 year old grandsons, and now a UT Pauns tag for my SIL.

Emails will start coming out at 12:01 AM on May 22.
There will be a full moon that night so I will be out dancing around a bonfire and howling at the moon in prayer and celebration!
Hmmm You must not be expecting a tag this year. Planning for a celebration next year maybe?

A buddy just sent this to me. Will we all learn if we drew tomorrow?
50266B6A-D828-49C1-A97F-2415E2792737.jpeg

"Despite this year's increase in applications"

I guess that ends speculation about how Covid-19 might reduce applications?

"Despite this year's increase in applications"

I guess that ends speculation about how Covid-19 might reduce applications?
I know... The last I had heard before the application period ended, the number of applicants was down.

Increase in applications?? Man, I really thought that we'd see a decrease with so many unemployed. Maybe all the time at home with nothing else to do resulted in more applications?

Anyway, best of luck to all in the draws. NV has been very good to me and I am hoping to continue the streak this year!

Here's a buck that I saw on my 2018 hunt with another pic of him in 2019. If you are lucky enough to draw the deer hunt you applied for would you put the tag on him?-----SS
lickity 2018.JPG

lickity 2019.jpg

Increase in applications?? Man, I really thought that we'd see a decrease with so many unemployed. Maybe all the time at home with nothing else to do resulted in more applications?

Anyway, best of luck to all in the draws. NV has been very good to me and I am hoping to continue the streak this year!

Here's a buck that I saw on my 2018 hunt with another pic of him in 2019. If you are lucky enough to draw the deer hunt you applied for would you put the tag on him?-----SS
View attachment 6973
View attachment 6974
No doubt... I would absolutely be happy to put a tag on that guy. ??

My guess would be wednesday. If they are conducting the draw tomorrow, they have 48 hours by law to post the results.... I would imagine it has to be proofed and what not before posting

My guess would be wednesday. If they are conducting the draw tomorrow, they have 48 hours by law to post the results.... I would imagine it has to be proofed and what not before posting
I was sort of thinking the same as yourself. ??
Either way, we will know soon.

Increase in tag applications? Hmm.. about 3-4 days before the application deadline, one of their biologists in the tag quota meeting said that they were down 28,000 applications from last year.

Either way, good luck to you guys!

That is what the Kalkomy guy just said on the live stream video of the draw process. Wednesday results will be posted. They didn't say when cards would start to be charged though.

Increase in tag applications? Hmm.. about 3-4 days before the application deadline, one of their biologists in the tag quota meeting said that they were down 28,000 applications from last year.

Either way, good luck to you guys!
That’s what I heard too.

I'm listening to the live drawing process. Said there were approx 80k applicants and 349k applications in 2020.

In 2019 there were 68k applicants and 308k applications.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he said 88,000 applicants for 2020. If so that's a 30% increase in applicants for 2020
That’s crazy! Hopefully the majority of them are new applicants & not folks sitting in 15 points for every species. Lol

I think he just said that there were approx 7 million random numbers generated this year for all the applicant bonus points that were
squared!

I just checked my points and squared them and have a total of 1,212 entries going into the 2020 draw.

I think he just said that there were approx 7 million random numbers generated this year for all the applicant bonus points that were
squared!

I just checked my points and squared them and have a total of 1,212 entries going into the 2020 draw.
I like the math work youve got going.

The lengthened the deadline for applications this year in the hopes of getting more $. Looks like it worked. Anyone who says hunting is dying is lying to you.

I'm pretty sure he said 88,000 applicants for 2020. If so that's a 30% increase in applicants for 2020

I just heard him repeat that there were approx 80,000 applicants for 2020 with 349,000 applications by those applicants. In 2019, he also just corrected himself and said there were 75,000 applicants with 308,000 applications by those applicants.

If my math is right that's a 6% increase in applicants and 13% increase in applications.

The draw is complete.
Results on Wednesday.
The updated numbers of increased new applications posted above are correct.
Probably due to the deadline extension and also the amount of email and text reminders NDOW was sending out.

I think outdoors type vacations will be more in demand with Covid-19 restrictions, both government and self imposed. What else are you going to do? Many summer vacations were cancelled, leaving more vacation time. Draw odds will be worse this year because of that.

The lengthened the deadline for applications this year in the hopes of getting more $. Looks like it worked. Anyone who says hunting is dying is lying to you.

Biggest issue, California's have moved here in droves. If the economy doesn't bounce back fast maybe they will all move back to California ?

Can someone explain the logic here? Unmployment is at 20 million in April and yet somehow literally the most expensive state in the west to apply w the worst draw odds gets an increase in applicants? I cannot understand that but it is what it is. I saw where NM and CO applicants were up as well. I would have thought if anything it would be the other way around but apparently I’m missing something

Can someone explain the logic here? Unmployment is at 20 million in April and yet somehow literally the most expensive state in the west to apply w the worst draw odds gets an increase in applicants? I cannot understand that but it is what it is. I saw where NM and CO applicants were up as well. I would have thought if anything it would be the other way around but apparently I’m missing something
My guess is people have a lot of time on their hands to research everything and put in for draws

I wish it would go back to the way it use to be. Money up front for all the applications you put in for. That'll trim it down.

I'm sure that 99,999,997 is all mine and I'm not sharing.

Rich
Copy that Rich
With a random number pool of one through 100 million it seems like a lot of room to fall into a black hole.
They actually only used 7,486,573 of those 100 million possible numbers.
Makes me wonder why they can’t use just 10 million to pick from?

Copy that Rich
With a random number pool of one through 100 million it seems like a lot of room to fall into a black hole.

The 100 million was set as the original parameter when the bonus point system started. I am not sure if its law or policy, but that's what it is.

I am not a math wizard, but I think if there was no parameter set to tell the computer what to do, then the numbers could theoretically go to infinity.

Maybe they just saw 100 million as a safe bet?

6,999,856 isn't so bad then. :)
That’s right eel
That is actually a low number considering 50 million would be the average.

There were 231,486 individual applicants and 35,920 party applications.
That means that after all the lowest numbers were picked out of the 7.4 million total assigned there were 267,409 numbers going into the draw for all the hunts combined.

Copy that Rich

They're planning for the future. Odds are gonna get a lot worse....

Copy that Rich
Or better yet... use the actual number of 7,486,573!!!!

I just heard him repeat that there were approx 80,000 applicants for 2020 with 349,000 applications by those applicants. In 2019, he also just corrected himself and said there were 75,000 applicants with 308,000 applications by those applicants.

If my math is right that's a 6% increase in applicants and 13% increase in applications.

If thats so, my bet is there were 5,000 new resident applicants this year. Anything less than that is an embarrassment to math teachers across the country. Because after 20 years of squared point holders, ground floor applicants have slim to no chance at even the lowest rated hunts, and slim just left town. They just don’t get any lower, even in Utah. Good luck everyone. I’m at 22 except deer 12 and even I have no expectations of drawing. I think my best odds are for deer ~6%.

Last edited:
I like the odds (said no one ever); wish they would email you also the random numbers one gets. Would be funny to see a 7,000,0000 something number. I'm banking on my less than 1% odds for sheep with 18 non resi points.

I like the odds (said no one ever); wish they would email you also the random numbers one gets. Would be funny to see a 7,000,0000 something number. I'm banking on my less than 1% odds for sheep with 18 non resi points.
That would be cool to know what number you were assigned.

Years ago myself and a buddy fished the St. Jude Bass Classic in MS on Sardis lake. The day before the tournament your team had to show up in person to draw your launch number. My buddy didn’t want to draw so I reached into the bag & pulled out a chip numbered 180 something. There were only 200 chips. ? That’s my luck!!!

That’s right eel
That is actually a low number considering 50 million would be the average.

There were 231,486 individual applicants and 35,920 party applications.
That means that after all the lowest numbers were picked out of the 7.4 million total assigned there were 267,409 numbers going into the draw for all the hunts combined.
? makes my head hurt just tell me if I drew or not.

My first Mt Goat application was for an archery hunt, 12 tags and there was only 13 people applied. Yep, took me 8 more tries to get get drawn!!!

That would be cool to know what number you were assigned.

Years ago myself and a buddy fished the St. Jude Bass Classic in MS on Sardis lake. The day before the tournament your team had to show up in person to draw your launch number. My buddy didn’t want to draw so I reached into the bag & pulled out a chip numbered 180 something. There were only 200 chips. ? That’s my luck!!!
The company I worked for had about 150 employees and we had a drawing one year for $500 cash at one of our safety meetings. The owner asked me to come up and draw the winning ticket out of the box. I reached in pulled my own name! I never did live that down. :ROFLMAO: So, you never know in the draws.

For those who have lost hope, I drew 231 rifle deer last year with 3 points. And 2 years ago my uncle drew the same tag with 2 points. Its a game of luck

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom