Best muzzleloader for the money

HNTNFSH

Looking to get into the muzzleloader game and was wondering what the best bang for your buck as far as accuracy and ease of use. Considering the CVA acurra v2 or the TC impact or is there a better one for the money thanks in advance

I have TC triumph that I have been pretty happy with. I don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't too terribly expensive. It's likes BH 209 and Barnes TEZ 290 grain bullets.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

I never thought I would say it but today a CVA Optima is probably the best bang for the buck. CVA has come a long way in the quality of their guns. IMO, Knight rifles have priced themselves way out of being competitive. You can pick up a used Knight, TC Omega, TC Triumph, for a decent price and they shoot very well.

Depends on if you ever plan on shooting conicals. If you do, do NOT buy the T/C rifles. They have a QLA that is cut off center many times and will not shoot conicals. Do your own research, but trust me on this. If you will only be shooting sabots, then the T/Cs are fine

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have an Impact and a CVA Mtn rifle, I have not shot the CVA yet. Everything I have shot, 250 and 290 gr sabots, out of the Impact with 90grs B209 produces a 1" group at 100yards. The wife will use it this yr if she draws a tag since you can remove the 1" spacer in the stock to shorten it up.

txhunter58, I tried looking up some info, I have T/C Northwest Explorer and have shot conical's. Should I not shoot them anymore and look for a different gun? I have only shot power-belts?

Thanks

TX,

What does QLA mean? I assume the Q stands for quality. I looked up abbreviations for shooters and it doesn't show up in that list.

Had a cva accura v2, killed 2 bulls and 2 muleys with it in two yrs. Great gun. Upgraded to the accura v2 long range this summer and my uncle smoked a 330" bull at 250ydsome with it in nov. Went 10 steps and topped over. Go cva, you won't regret it. There's really no comparison in my eyes. I used to shoot the tc triumph.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-17 AT 04:14PM (MST)[p]Idahoan: Some T/C guns will shoot conicals fine, and it is not dangerous to shoot them at all. However, with the ones that have QLA (false muzzle) not centered with the bore, they won't be accurate. So if you shot conicals with your gun and they shot well, you are good to go and I wouldn't change a thing. My Omega didn't shoot them worth a durn, but my brothers shot them fine. I cut the QLA off of mine, and it shoot conicals fine now.

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-17 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]Nmmuley: Quick Loading accurizer:

http://www.tcarms.com/about/technology

look at this link and scroll down to the QLA write up. Note that they have a sabot in the QLA. The problem is that the QLA is always cut in the center of the barrel, but the bore is not always centered. When they don't match up, when the bullet enters that area,there is more room on one side of the bullet than the other which allows more gas to escape on one side, which throws the bullet off. In my Omega, I had conicals going through the target sideways at 25 yards. Sent it back to them and they told me to shoot sabots. sabots hold the bullet straight while it passes thru the QLA, so flight/accuracy is not affected

txhunter58

Can you help me choose which gun accessories are the most popular among people? It's just that I'm new to this business and don't know much about gun accessories. I just wanted to sell various accessories for it for a long time. Recently I realized that thanks of the help of yourmoneygeek.com I can make money. I really like this idea because I like to sell something online. This is much more profitable than in stores. So I would like to know what is most lacking in stores, and you can only get it in online stores? What gun accessories are the most demand?

Can you help me choose which gun accessories are the most popular among people? It's just that I'm new to this business and don't know much about gun accessories. I just wanted to sell various accessories for it for a long time. Recently I realized that thanks of the help of yourmoneygeek.com I can make money. I really like this idea because I like to sell something online. This is much more profitable than in stores. So I would like to know what is most lacking in stores, and you can only get it in online stores? What gun accessories are the most demand?
I would say duck calls. The kind you can use when skinning your buck in the garage.

03391B90-3CF2-4097-92D7-BF1698FDAFFA.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom