Best Optics for around 500 bucks

A

amby

I've been looking for a decent pair of binos, and wanted to get the opinions from the MM crowd. My biggest concern is the pulling of light, and ruggedness. I live in Central Utah, so any advice on where I should go and what I should get would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Amby

Hands down, the Pentax DCF SP's. They're real close to the top european and japanese glass, but can be had for well under $500.00. They now come with a no-fault lifetime warranty also.

Contact Doug at Cameraland and he'll hook you up...

[email protected]
212-753-5128

Amby,
Your highest quality options in the below $500.00 price range is the Minox, Pentax or Nikon lines.
If you have the time please feel free to give me a call and we can discuss which would suit your needs the best.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

I recently purchased a pair of Stiener Predators 10x40 for $300. I really like them. Very clear. They are a little bulky for packing, but very light for their size. I keep checking them at 1/2hr or so after sunset. Legal shooting light. So far they seem to work well in low light situations.

Nikon is coming out with a new line of glasses called the Monarch Dream Season. They have a 56mm objective lens and come in 3 different power ranges. 8.5, 10 and 12. If pulling in the light is what you are concerned about the 8.5 are right up your alley. IMHO the Nikon warranty is outstanding, The prisms are BAK4 and are what are used in the big 3. They are Nitrogen purged as all of the good glasses are. The glass used in the Nikons are among the worlds finest. For around $300 you can get some really good glasses that are guaranteed for the next 25 years and will be repaired for under $25 EVEN IF IT IS YOUR FAULT. They rank up there with much higher price glass. The abailability should be any day now.

Just 2 cents worth.

Yes, the New Monarchs that are coming out will be excellent quality, and most likely the best in their price catagory, however, they still will not be as high quality as a Minox ASPH or Pentax DCF SP which are both in the $500.00 price range

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

What do you guys think about the Alpen Apex line, Ive had a pair of 12x50s for about 2 1/2 years now, and really like them.

MM Member since 1999. Jake H

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom