Best state to live In

Well Nevada is great if you don’t hunt big game often and are willing to sit to pee. The sit to pee is on the ballot this year I think? Good luck on your choice. Lots of great states figure out what’s most important to you and pursue that. Money isn’t everything find what makes you happy.

Think I just need to stay here in Idaho. When it gets cold, I turn on the heat. if I was to move to AZ, when it got hot I'd have to turn on the AC. Since gas is cheaper than electricity, I would be losing money!! Stuck here in paradise.

Idaho is legit on My list. I really hate Colorado. John ************ and jerod pole****** have really just ruined it. Not to mention our lovely wolves the East slope and Pitkin county voted in. I just would like to be left alone. Sure I’d like a good huntin state. But less gov overreach for a few years would be nice. And I also plan on killing any wolf I see in Colorado until I’m gone

We'd welcome you in Iowa. Not the diversity of big game hunting opportunities as out west. But nice whitetails and other than outdoor stuff things are great and trending even better.

Doesn’t even matter to me. I’m pretty open. To options. I’m an electrician so I can work pretty well anywhere. Idaho, Texas, Montana hell evem some of the far south states.

Rumor has it Portland has cheap land prices.

Utah is getting a lot of tech companies that are fleeing Cali. Also means we are getting lots of Cali people as well.

But we do have a state gun, and hunting is a constitutional right, so things aint all bad.

When i was a kid everyone talked about California as if it was heaven itself. Now everyone is bristles anytime they see Cali plates around town. Life sure does change

If I could go anywhere, I'd have a summer home in Couer d'Alene Idaho and winter in Hurricane Utah near St George.

But as I wake up from that dream, I am stuck in American Fork Utah ?

If I could go anywhere, I'd have a summer home in Couer d'Alene Idaho and winter in Hurricane Utah near St George.

I have family around the Sandpoint Idaho area. I just drove threw the area coming back from my grandmas 100 birthday party. It’s beautiful country and they let you have houses right on the lakes. Something we don’t see in Utah. My grandparents would drive down to Saint George in the winter and stay in my parents walk out basement on the 11th golf green. He would bring his quarter scale airplanes and fly them at our Remote Possibilities remote control flying field. So I think your plan works. ??

California. You can hunt and fish year around without freezing to death. Sure, we got a-holes but if any State has a road going to it they have a-holes too. It isn't 1850 any more.

Come on man. Heart of Utah valley!!! Where else are there billboards for a modest lingere shop??

Nothing hotter than the wife sprawled out on the bed in a lace hoodie and matching Bermuda shorts!!!

Slam, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow as I am passing by your homeland on my way to the Manti for my dad’s elk hunt!

Syracuse ain’t any better LOL!

Gotta eat at the Satisfied Ewe in Ephraim, if for no other reason than its called the Satisfied Ewe.

Sent u a PM

Lol. Just razzing you. I live in Boise. I just helped my cousin get an engineering job here, (from San Ramon, CA) he's one of the good guys. He'll move this month. But, the traffic now sucks here, tailgaters, a-holes a plenty. Additionally, materialism has arrived. Shiny new range rovers and sports cars. Those that can't make up their mind on which shiny new car to buy, end up with shiny new lifted trucks pulling $40,000 rv's or ski boats. Now you go to the lake to enjoy some nature and peace and quiet, and some river rat is motoring all over with his hip hop blaring. God forbid you tell one of them to keep it down. Dang, I sound old.

Do your own research but....

I moved from Idaho to Iowa for 7 years back to Wyoming now. Wyoming allows me to hunt up too zero antelope a year, zero elk a year, zero whitetail buck, zero mule deer buck and tons of whitetail does a year. You can't beat the options in wyoming. In the winter you snow machine, ice fish or snowboard. Decent upland game. Great camping....ohhh I forgot...we are full... move to Boise like everyone else. Hahaha

Last edited:
Lol. Just razzing you. I live in Boise. I just helped my cousin get an engineering job here, (from San Ramon, CA) he's one of the good guys. He'll move this month. But, the traffic now sucks here, tailgaters, a-holes a plenty. Additionally, materialism has arrived. Shiny new range rovers and sports cars. Those that can't make up their mind on which shiny new car to buy, end up with shiny new lifted trucks pulling $40,000 rv's or ski boats. Now you go to the lake to enjoy some nature and peace and quiet, and some river rat is motoring all over with his hip hop blaring. God forbid you tell one of them to keep it down. Dang, I sound old.

Hey you kids, get off of my lawn!

Not NM. No longer a government for the people, by the people. Under complete totalitarian rule. Will leave asap.

NM reached Kali status fast...

I live in Southern Idaho and if I was to move it would be Central Idaho, Northern Idaho, Wayne Co. or Sevier Co., Utah, or Western Wyoming. I need some Mountains, in Southern Idaho I live to far away from real mountains. I grew up in Southern Utah with mountains at my back door and now I have to travel 2 hours to do any hunting thats worth a darn.

I live in Southern Idaho and if I was to move it would be Central Idaho, Northern Idaho, Wayne Co. or Sevier Co., Utah, or Western Wyoming. I need some Mountains, in Southern Idaho I live to far away from real mountains. I grew up in Southern Utah with mountains at my back door and now I have to travel 2 hours to do any hunting thats worth a darn.
I lived in Idaho Falls for four years....it sure was flat and I had to drive an hour in any direction to gain any elevation.
But once there, it's breath taking beauty!

Deciding between Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Need to really look at both upland and big game hunting. Idaho and Montana seem like the upland is better but Wyoming can’t beat the big game hunting. Also think Wyoming winters will hopefully keep more people looking other places.

Idaho Falls was great 10 years ago. Now the traffic is starting to get like Wasatch Front. SOB's running red lights, heroin and meth addicts, trash being thrown out everywhere and the deer are young bucks.

Go to Arizona it seems like all the California folks are fleeing there. Changing Arizona to a blue state. If you don’t like California why change Arizona into another California?
While I agree there’s a lot of Californians moving to AZ I would suspect their political views align AGAINST those of CA. Why do you think they are moving??

Slightlysober you are wrong. Most of them are moving after retirement and took their voting habits with them. They failed to see their voting in certain party members led to them being unable to afford to live in CA. on their retirement pay.
Just ask locals in those other states and you will get a mouthful about liberal California people moving to their state and still voting blue.
RELH

While I agree there’s a lot of Californians moving to AZ I would suspect their political views align AGAINST those of CA. Why do you think they are moving??
People can’t grasp or accept the fact that Americans are gradually shifting to a more liberal, and progressive viewpoint. Many ideas and ideals from this viewpoint started on the coasts so the easy thing to say and believe is these ideas and ideals come directly from individuals moving from out of state when the reality is they come from their own residents wanting these changes and the folks moving in are hoping to escape them.

Its the ultimate conspiracy theory, the evil Californian coming in to change their way of life.... I really love the part about even the conservative republicans in Kali are progressive liberals by (insert state) standards.

I live 20 miles from Oregon in what used to be an extremely conservative republican county whose industries were logging and milling lumber, commercial fishing and on a small scale construction. It has changed drastically in the last 30 years. Everyone wanted to blame the Prison that moved in and the people it brought with it, and to some small scale that’s true, but for the most part it’s just society in general that changed it. The locals from way back changed too.

Its coming to your most Coservative dream town too, sooner or later, and it won’t be caused by a moving van full of Californians.

I say give a state a try for a bit. Personally, I would move to Wyoming. Central so its close to several states you might want to hunt as a non-resident, quite a few good hunting options, low overall population. (for now) Nothing says you have to stay there forever if you decide the wind or the winters are too much.

People can’t grasp or accept the fact that Americans are gradually shifting to a more liberal, and progressive viewpoint. Many ideas and ideals from this viewpoint started on the coasts so the easy thing to say and believe is these ideas and ideals come directly from individuals moving from out of state when the reality is they come from their own residents wanting these changes and the folks moving in are hoping to escape them.

Its the ultimate conspiracy theory, the evil Californian coming in to change their way of life.... I really love the part about even the conservative republicans in Kali are progressive liberals by (insert state) standards.

I live 20 miles from Oregon in what used to be an extremely conservative republican county whose industries were logging and milling lumber, commercial fishing and on a small scale construction. It has changed drastically in the last 30 years. Everyone wanted to blame the Prison that moved in and the people it brought with it, and to some small scale that’s true, but for the most part it’s just society in general that changed it. The locals from way back changed too.

Its coming to your most Coservative dream town too, sooner or later, and it won’t be caused by a moving van full of Californians.
Very well said and right on the bullseye

Rural Utah is still pretty great for the time being. I think the only other place I could stand to live in is Wyoming. Just spent a week out in the Wyoming deserts chasing coyotes and only passed one truck on the dirt roads. It was pretty refreshing.

Rural Utah is still pretty great for the time being. I think the only other place I could stand to live in is Wyoming. Just spent a week out in the Wyoming deserts chasing coyotes and only passed one truck on the dirt roads. It was pretty refreshing.

Rural NM is good too, the state gov't is just overrun by liberals.

I say give a state a try for a bit. Personally, I would move to Wyoming. Central so its close to several states you might want to hunt as a non-resident, quite a few good hunting options, low overall population. (for now) Nothing says you have to stay there forever if you decide the wind or the winters are too much.
Unfortunately wyomings Healthcare is, terrible
It's, actully the only reason we havn't moved there. If they had a decent Healthcare network
I'd. Move in a heartbeat

Staying in California for now and fighting for my rights. I have been telling people for years that you can not out run this. This liberal crap is spreading like wildfire and will catchup to you wherever you go. Every hard working person that leaves is a win for the liberals. Keep fighting and do not let our rights be controlled by a few big cities in each state. Look at what Colorado has become.
Bill

Staying in California for now and fighting for my rights. I have been telling people for years that you can not out run this. This liberal crap is spreading like wildfire and will catchup to you wherever you go. Every hard working person that leaves is a win for the liberals. Keep fighting and do not let our rights be controlled by a few big cities in each state. Look at what Colorado has become.
Bill

Easier said than done. NM is now a liberal stronghold...

It's happening to the COUNTRY, slowly but methodically. California can't be breeding and exporting enough liberals to be the sole cause. Although it gets the blame. Its happening under your noses right in your town, hell maybe even right under your roof.....
I could not agree more.

If your kids are in any public school system, they are being indoctrinated to the liberal mindset. It is not just the universities anymore; it's small town America too.

Utah is currently ruled by RINOs, and will fall to the blue in a decade or so at our current rate... ick we'll end up like CO unless some serious changes take place.

Do your own research but....

I moved from Idaho to Iowa for 7 years back to Wyoming now. Wyoming allows me to hunt up too zero antelope a year, zero elk a year, zero whitetail buck, zero mule deer buck and tons of whitetail does a year. You can't beat the options in wyoming. In the winter you snow machine, ice fish or snowboard. Decent upland game. Great camping....ohhh I forgot...we are full... move to Boise like everyone else.
Doesn’t even matter to me. I’m pretty open. To options. I’m an electrician so I can work pretty well anywhere. Idaho, Texas, Montana hell evem some of the far south states.
As a fellow electrician I’m worried that the quality of work and economy might shrivel up with the potential loss of natural energy development under Biden/Harris. I’ve had to do a lot of work in Commyrado as of late because of a larger commercial/residential market.

Lol
Yup we have horrible heath care. Hunting sucks, wind never stops, and its very cold. Terrible place to live. I hear Idaho is nice.
we hunt wyoming a lot (my father. Law, owns, a, ranch there) Healthcare sucks but the hunting is some of the best to be found in the west, ,
I lived in north Dakota for 3 yrs wyoming, Montana idaho and Colorado are tame compared to nodak winters but I'll give you an e for effort you tried bluffing.
Been at this hunting game 33 yrs I'm far from a, novice, I've hunted wyoming,montana,idaho & colorado times in those 33 yrs. you wouldn't make a good poker player Your not very good at bluffing

I think you’ve been misled grosventure. Idaho is absolutely awful. The wind blows in Wyoming because Idaho sucks.
Yup sucks, so much it comes in 2nd when you Google best state for quality mule deer (oh that and the fact I've hunted idaho every year for the last 33 yrs) and it. has the 3rd largest elk herd in the lower 48, I point everybody I know looking for mule deer to Idaho and wyoming for elk and speed goats

Utah is the best state, Hunt Expo, Antelope Island, 200“ Bucks, 400”Elk. Mountain Sheep, Goats and Buffalo. International Airport. Celeberty Hunters, home of the flat brim, home of the long range rifle, home of the long range bow, and you can use bait to lure in anything and you can get the smog crap removed from your oversized diesel pickup so you can roll coal baby.

Utah is the best state, Hunt Expo, Antelope Island, 200“ Bucks, 400”Elk. Mountain Sheep, Goats and Buffalo. International Airport. Celeberty Hunters, home of the flat brim, home of the long range rifle, home of the long range bow, and you can use bait to lure in anything and you can get the smog crap removed from your oversized diesel pickup so you can roll coal baby.
The Hunt Expo just got canceled !

Don’t move to Idaho!!!

67D8E9AA-C572-4FAF-88D5-E2B172EB96B9.jpeg

Someone forgot to tell those large numbers of California residents that moved to Idaho in the past few years, that they should not move to Idaho.
Here in CA. we tell them that it is a great place and more suitable to their party beliefs and the locals will welcome them with open arms. I bet you they drove the price up on buying homes after selling their home here for 4-5 hundred thousand and not haggle over the price there.
RELH

ID, WY, MT all sound great. I'm a native Oregonian of 53 years and I wouldn't give a nickel for this state now. I may get my wife to move to eastern Oregon where I'm original from but if it were up to me and drive right through OR and even Idaho and settle in MT or WY.

We are currently building a house in WY. Have been going there for 24 years. Wife grew up there. Man has it changed... drastically. The past few years have escalated things. The public lands and national forests are now loaded with tourists and ATVs. Home prices have gone up crazy amounts, if you can even find a decent one. The good ones sell fast! Somebody is buying up homes and properties at a blinding rate there. Scary and sad. The towns and roadways are littered with BMW camper vans from Cali. Leaves a pit in my stomach. They all say: " We won't change a thing, we have conservative values", then they take those "values" and start changing things. Many are not leaving Cali (and other blue states) to live a more wholesome lifestyle of times gone by... but are fleeing crime and taxes with no mindset to adapt to current local values. Just my view from here.

Yup. Bought an 1800 acre ranch and home outside Cody IIRC. Herd he just purchased another. Have not fact checked the details.

We are currently building a house in WY. Have been going there for 24 years. Wife grew up there. Man has it changed... drastically. The past few years have escalated things. The public lands and national forests are now loaded with tourists and ATVs. Home prices have gone up crazy amounts, if you can even find a decent one. The good ones sell fast! Somebody is buying up homes and properties at a blinding rate there. Scary and sad. The towns and roadways are littered with BMW camper vans from Cali. Leaves a pit in my stomach. They all say: " We won't change a thing, we have conservative values", then they take those "values" and start changing things. Many are not leaving Cali (and other blue states) to live a more wholesome lifestyle of times gone by... but are fleeing crime and taxes with no mindset to adapt to current local values. Just my view from here.
I think we can say that about most of the places in the West. Dang shame but wish you good times in WY.

Idaho #1 state in the u. s bears deer elk wolves turkey waterfowl great fishing majestic mountains
200 inch bucks 300 class elk cheap residence licence especially their life time licence TONS of UNCROWED public land thry don't get hardly any non resident hunters ?(unlike all the surrounding states,) over all cheap cost of liveing, no 2 ways, about it idaho is the place to be ???

Last edited:
EASY There hawk!:D

This State Ain't Home to the F'N FLATTIES!

They Keep Trying!

But they Keep Failing!

You Almost got it Right!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom