Bicycle and hunting

foundation

Very Active Member
Reading Eastmans yesterday and read a story about these new electric powered bikes. I can get a deal on the Rambo electric powered bike for $2,000. Seems like a lot of money for a bike, but maybe it's worth it. Says its range is 19 miles without peddling.
Any monster muley readers use these electric bikes? How does the battery recharge and does the electric motor help on hills?

....only $85 a month

323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

I was told a Rambo bike was pedal assist. So it wasn't considered a motorized vehicle. Making it legal inUtah. So is this true.

>so....if I pushed my ranger part
>of the time???........
>
>
323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

Homer just cut holes in the floor. If you did that I would let you follow into a wilderness area in your ranger ! ?

>I was told a Rambo bike
>was pedal assist. So it
>wasn't considered a motorized vehicle.
>Making it legal inUtah. So
>is this true.

They are motorized. Counts as motorized vehicle.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-17 AT 11:59PM (MST)[p]I believe you're looking at State Motor Vehicle Law.

Forest Service:
File Code: 2300/2350/7700
Subject: Electric Bikes and Trail Management

The Forest Service?s Travel Management Rule (TMR) and E-Bikes:
The TMR defines ?motor vehicle? as ?any vehicle which is self-propelled, other than:
(1) a vehicle operated on rails; and
(2) any wheelchair or mobility device, including one that is battery-powered, that is designed solely for use by a mobility-impaired person for locomotion, and that is suitable for use in an indoor pedestrian area.?
36 CFR 212.1. E-bikes have a motor, thereby are self propelled, and are not covered by the exceptions in the definition.
Therefore, e-bikes are motor vehicles and are subject to regulation under the TMR, which requires designation of National Forest System (NFS) roads, NFS trails, and areas on
NFS lands for motor vehicle use. 36 CFR 212.51(a).
Direction on e-bikes was included in a response in the Federal Register notice for the final over-snow vehicle rule.

The response states: ?New technologies that merge bicycles and motors, such as e-bikes, are considered motor vehicles under ?212.1 of the TMR.? 80 Fed. Reg. 4503 (Jan. 28, 2015).

BLM:

Information Bulletin No. 2015-060

An electronic bicycle, also known as an e-bike, is a bicycle with an integrated electric motor. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) classifies e-bikes as motorized vehicles, as defined at 43 CFR 8340.5 ?(a) Off-road vehicle means any motorized vehicle capable of, or designed for, travel on or immediately over land, water, or other natural terrain, excluding: (1) any non-amphibious registered motorboat; (2) any military, fire, emergency, or law enforcement vehicle while being used for emergency purposes; (3) any vehicle whose use is expressly authorized by the authorized officer, or otherwise officially approved; (4) vehicles in official use; and (5) any combat or combat support vehicle when used in times of national defense emergencies.?

Well Bob I guess you put a fork in the E bike for hunting. In some areas like Pine valley. They don't even allow regular bikes in the wilderness area.

I believe in all wilderness nothing with a wheel is allowed. We were up near the wilderness border in the uintas and had a ranger stop by our camp and let us know that we could not bring our elk cart with wheels into the wilderness. We already knew that but he just wanted to make sure.

>I believe in all wilderness nothing
>with a wheel is allowed.
> We were up near
>the wilderness border in the
>uintas and had a ranger
>stop by our camp and
>let us know that we
>could not bring our elk
>cart with wheels into the
>wilderness. We already knew
>that but he just wanted
>to make sure.

Wilderness=no wheels or motors of any kind. It's designed to stay as primitive as possible in that respect.

I believe there should be trails that these would be legal for. Talk to your officials, and maybe someday there will be a category of trails where they could be used. Shouldn't cause any more "damage" than a regular mountain bike.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom