Big Buck

SnkyHuntr

Just curious what you all think this buck will end up scoring? Score really doesn't matter to me and if I like the buck I will shoot it. I am just curious as to what everyone else thinks. Just for reference, this picture was taken 3 weeks ago. The buck is about 100-150 yards away. Not the best picture but the best we could get with the point and shoot camera. He has a huge body and fairly wide spread.

2908bigbuck1.jpg

Hopefully I will be posting field photos in another 2 1/2 weeks. This bad boy is #1 on my hit list right now unless something else bigger decides to show up between now and the opener.

Doesn't look like he will score very well based on that picture , but he still looks like he will be a big buck none the less. Good luck , to hell with score on a big deer like that !

Looks like a big old soaker to me. I'm like you, to heck with score. That's a big mature buck.

He's not going to score well at all. He has good mass, but tine length is lacking.

That said, I'd shoot that deer without hesitation. Score is just a number.

I don't think that's a buck that you judge on score. From the photo, it looks like he's a 3x2 is all, so that makes judgment difficult. But he's definitely going to stretch the tape on a width measurement, and the mass is pretty amazing...

I'm sure I'd be sticking him first chance I got... :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I am heading back out this weekend and can hopefully turn him up again or have him on trail camera. I am excited to see how much length he has put on over the past 3 weeks.

Ya I'm with ya! He may not be a scoring fool but he is a big old beautiful buck and would look great on a wall. He is going to end up super wide though!

If that pic was taken during the 1st week of July, then that is a lot of growing for him to do till mid/end of august!
He may very well surprise you as to what he turns into.
Hope you get another picture of him closer to September or one with you in it too :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

That buck could have put on some serious bone over the last 3 weeks. Not all bucks grow bone at the same pace, some put it on early; some late. I've seen it many times scouting over the past 40 some years. His growth could be impressive. I like to score bucks as much as anyone, but I like to kill big older mature bucks more than I care about score. You need to try to kill that buck, IMO.

Any update SNKY..?? Let's see what you been seein down there..!! :)

Hopefully you cant get another picture of the first buck so we can see what he is all about. He looks pretty sweet

you are doing great, two great mature bucks! hope you punch your tag with one!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Snky... I'm pretty sue yours is the hunt I'm most excited to be following this year. Not a lot of guys post hunts from down there. Having been on the unit a couple times, I'm excited to see how it pans out for you guys. Keep it comin my friend.

:) :)

We hunted for 7 days. I tagged out on Monday evening with this guy. he tapes out at just over 30 inches wide and has matching kickers making him a very symmetrical 5x5.

3287img3969.jpg

I searched and searched for Mr. Wide but didn't find him until after I had tagged out. he has to easily be pushing 38 inches wide and is still a younger aged deer. Not to mention the insane character and cheaters including a drop tine.

dad Missed him at 38 yds. Shaved a few hairs off of his back. Dad ended up taking this nice symmetrical Deep 4x4 with a small kicker between his back forks. He is 27 wide and should score around 180-185.

879img3970.jpg

We took another hunter in after Mr. Wide and the closest we could get was 75 yds and no clear shot opportunity. We played cat and mouse with him for about an hour. Words can't explain looking at a deer of that caliber through the binos from 80 yds away. If he makes it through the rest of the seasons, he is going to be an absolute monster next year. Did I mention my grandfather will be the max point holder next year? Stay tuned for next years updates. :)

I shoot a Bowtech RPM 360 set @ 68# with Carbon Express Maxima RED arrows tipped with a 100 Grain G5 T3 Expandable. These broadheads are awesome! Buck went 30 yds and tipped over.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom