Big Bucks ?

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
So every year I look forward to reading posts and looking at pics of big bucks comming out of Old Mexico. So this year it's been pretty quiet. Was the hunting bad, did the bandio's or drug guys kill all the hunters? Been a lot of negative stuff on Sonora Outfitters over the past year. So what's up bad hunting year or something else.....

Hoping to hear from Appleman....he always seems to be up to speed on what's going on in Old Mex.

))))------->

9977p1000020.jpg

I have also noticed the in activity on this forum. Maybe Mex got to scary? I found it very slow and tough hunting this year but was fortunate to make a fast shot on this 206 gross typical that grew well from the good rain but never saw anything bigger. would love to hear from other hunters.

Hunted their last year and shot a decent 31 1/2",my Friends went this year and it was pretty bad they only saw small buck's chasing does.

264 MAG--that is the story I hear from a lot of hunters and it was kinda like that in our camp though once in a while a buck would pop out. One friend who hunts there lots and usually sees a hundred deer only saw very few????

One never knows when you're shooting a real, wild, non pen raised buck down there any more, huh Aman? There's a trend down there for some outfitters to raise 'em up, then release them for a real hunter to shoot. Pretty sad deal IMO>

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-15 AT 08:01AM (MST)[p]Wondering if you have any pics of that buck eating out of a protein feeder? I've seen lots of pics of that big buck you shot a couple of years ago eating out of one. I guess Muley Crazy has seen them too?

It's perfectly legal, so I have no problem with that. Just call it what it is. Remember Wade Lemon hunting (not sure if that's who you hunted with) got caught advertising "hunting" for a huge buck that was protein fed for a year or two, then out to pasture to shoot. They knew the score befoe they shot it. Very misleading to say the least.

Maybe we can talk bad about ALL the bucks shot and EVERYONE will stop posting their photos and telling their stories. Just saying.

DZ

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-15
>AT 08:01?AM (MST)

>
>Wondering if you have any pics
>of that buck eating out
>of a protein feeder?
>I've seen lots of pics
>of that big buck you
>shot a couple of years
>ago eating out of one.
> I guess Muley Crazy
>has seen them too?
>
>It's perfectly legal, so I have
>no problem with that.
>Just call it what it
>is. Remember Wade Lemon
>hunting (not sure if that's
>who you hunted with) got
>caught advertising "hunting" for a
>huge buck that was protein
>fed for a year or
>two, then out to pasture
>to shoot. They knew
>the score befoe they shot
>it. Very misleading to
>say the least.
I know what you mean, kinda like Mossback at Antelope Island.

Fortis---I agree with you but my complaint with you is that you told me about all ur friends that told u for sure that buck had pics in a high fence feeder and u are just plain old absolutely wrong and so was ur information. Mexico is getting to be a mess that way with fences including some of Lemons bucks but please don't put my bucks in that same category as those darted high fencers! And as always --no--the buck I just shot was roaming free on 525 square miles of free range tough hunting desert. You once shot a nice buck down there and know the desert I do agree the fencing is getting out of control---if I ever go fencing I will let u know

>264---have u ever hunted Mexico??

That comment wasn't directed at you appleman and yes I have hunted Mexico, that's a super nice buck you got and beats my 31 1/2 buck I got last year.I think their is still some potential for free range bucks if they are managed.

264---yes ---now I remember that you have hunted Mex-Im sure you realize that it is one of the finest places to hunt big muleys with a renewable tag and yes that Mex is changing and does have a lot of Texas style hunting. But not all of it. You hit it on the head--the deer need manaqing. Sometimes on freerange that includes adding water and even in some instances supplemental feed--- just like most all of the good areas in the US! The best to you and your hunting. Hope you beat that 31.5 you got sometime if you want to.

>Fortis---I agree with you but my
>complaint with you is that
>you told me about all
>ur friends that told u
>for sure that buck had
>pics in a high fence
>feeder and u are just
>plain old absolutely wrong and
>so was ur information.
>Mexico is getting to be
>a mess that way with
>fences including some of Lemons
>bucks but please don't put
>my bucks in that same
>category as those darted high
>fencers! And as
>always --no--the buck I just
>shot was roaming free on
>525 square miles of free
>range tough hunting desert.
>You once shot a nice
>buck down there and know
>the desert
> I do agree
>the fencing is getting out
>of control---if I ever go
>fencing I will let u
>know

No need to embarrass you publicly by posting the pics of that buck eating out of, and standing by the protein feeder about a month before you showed up. Pictures exist and you know it. Just call it what it is. It's also easy to verify by asking the Muley Crazy guys that originally posted your story.

Damn buddy--of course I saw pics of that buck eating as I previously told you! You being so positive of a high fence and u being wrong is what should embarrass you! Don't ask Ryan--ask me! hell-I sent him the pics- u have got a problem with gossip among who ever ur friends are--- deer eat and drink--that is natural--high fences are not--- I hunt for my enjoyment---not yours!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-15 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]Sorry, but if you're feeding the deer and shooting them next to man made watering holes, that is not hunting. Your shooting. And most of the good places in the US have neither of those factors.

I see the help man gives deer a little differently. Most of the good units in the West certainly have many man made tanks and a lot of time and money goes in to water and guzzlers. The strip wouldn't be the Strip with out water holes and chainings to improve feed as well as the Nevada units with many chainings for feed and establishing water sites. Look at the Paunsagaunt especially up top where most of the deer have eatin in man made fields of food and in recent years a multitude of protein feeders. Not saying it is right or wrong---that's just the way it is--- most hunters don't consider this just shooting!

So shooting deer over water Guzzlers isn't hunting.
So shooting them coming out of the fields has to be bad too.
So shooting them before you climb the hills is bad too.
Should we holler HEY DEER before we shoot.
Dogs chasing swamp deer out swamps has to be bad too.

Sorry to say I know alot of hunters that hunt just like that, Just saying we all don't hunt the same ways, BUT it don't make their ways wrong and yours right.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

You're right Gator...too many ways WE hunt can be scrutinized. If a guy is proud of a deer he was guided to, let him have it! If he shot him over a manmade water hole, let him have it! It's not about anyone else....the experience is the guy who is pulling the trigger.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Ive gone to Sonora 2 years in a row. I will never go back. There is so much shady stuff goin on. Things I saw or was involved in.
1. Complete lies about quality and quantity
2. Robbed me 2nd time there
3. Safety issues ?

The whole thing is a sham. I loved the desert. But outside of that the whole thing is a rigged sham. And sitting in a high rack is so not hunting. The experience overall is ok. But the lies the lies the lies. Money talks down there. Anything at a price. Beware!!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom