Big Cottonwood SkiLink

This is Bad News. This is one time I might agree with enviromentalist and the tree huggers that might fight against this. I hope they do.!!!

I support the ski link and think it will be good for the environment, overall. And I am one of the backcountry bowhunters in Utah. Sorry.
Bill

All we do in Utah is take up more and more of our wildlifes habitat. When do we stop? When do we stop building in thier territory? When do we stop getting pissed when they come down into town or the foothills and eat peoples shrubs/flowers? All the cabins and resorts going into the foothills and mountains is taking that much more away from them and the rest of us that enjoy the peace and quiet. I say stop!!!

All this will do if anything is promote more of the influx of the non-native, invasive California granola crunching yuppy to the Park City Region. because of that it will be interesting to see how much 'opposition' it really gets. Now if it was Haliburton tapping an oil reserve and buying out property from the USFS that is a horse of a different color.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I being a huge skier and calling the cottonwoods my home I am opposed to the idea. What makes the 4 ski resorts up there so appealing is that they are tucked away from the commercial resorts. I don't care for being able to travel over to park city. I for one would keep the cottonwoods less traveled to the crowds. The last thing I want is those canyons to become like Snow mass and Aspen over in Colorado. If you've ever tried Archery Hunting deer around that town it's near impossible to get up to the mountain were all the great country is because it's land locked with "Park City", "The Canyons" type commercial operations. Too busy for someone just looking to get out and enjoy the back county and powder. This goes for the summer months too. Hunting, hiking, biking...The cottonwood canyons are awesome just as they are leave them alone!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom