Big freaking wall

dug

Ok this post might not last here long. Its not meant to be a bashing post or anything mean or bad like that.
I was reading how the they are trying to have more border patrol between us and Mexico. Now let me say, some of my best buddies are mexican, but if the US government is going to spend millions upon millions along the border, shouldnt they just do it in one shot, spend the money that they are now and in the future and build a big ol wall. I mean if they are going to spend that kind of money over the years, just do it in one shot. Then work out some deal with Mexico for those who want to imigrate here, so they can. I was working with a gentleman from Mexico and he said down there he was paid 1 dollar an hour to do the same work here that he is getting paid 8 dollars and hour for. So yeah if they want to come here lets work out a deal. But if you are going to spend the money to try and keep them out illegally, just go big.

My thought is, you would really screw up animal corridors between the states and ol mex with a big wall.

OK, build the wall but detour it around and including Sanora on the US side and then there will be no problems with animal corridors. :7 fatrooster.

Well, making a wall that big would cost a big chunk of change and I doubt the government would be willing to fork it out or the taxpayers either. Making a wall close to 2,000 miles long wouldn't be cheap. Also, I imagine that people would still figure out a way to get in whether it be over the wall or under the wall or over water i.e. the coasts so the coast guard would probably have to be beefed up also. It would probably help to slow the immigration considerably however. There are also political factors to be looked at here. The US has millions of Hispanic people now. Many are here legally and many aren't. Building a wall like that could conceivably make a huge chunk of the voting population upset and many politicians wouldn't be willing to risk losing the votes. There are a few thoughts for you.

It doesnt matter to me, I just know that they are going to be spending alot of money on border patrol over the years so why not just do it bit one time. It would be alot of money either way, and I agree it wouldnt stop it just maybe put a big dent into it.
I think if anyone wants to come to america that cool, just do it legally.
I dont understand why people wont do it legally, is it a long process, expensive, what?
Can anyone tell me the reason?

Hey Kingfish... The Marines get involved in the border patrols... the illegals come across Camp Pendleton all the time. Many a live fire exercise has been shut down when they start running out of the brush, looks like cockroaches running after you turn on the lights. You would think they would change the route but they still come thru the Base all the time. never have heard a hard number on how many get shot but there is a bunch..

Nate

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom