BIG gaiters…

Butts

I apologize upfront for posting this on the general, however I need some help.
I have bought a few gaiter options in the past and a big zero fit. I have lost a good deal of weight, but my calves still measure dang near 22” along with a size 15-16 boot.
Contacted some fellas on the new stone glacier gaiter and the best fit (dummy) they could come up with had 19” calves and size 12 shoe. He said it had a little adjustment left…. Well, I do know if something is maxed out they tend to not work as intended.
I need a good set of gaiters this year. Any Squach’s out there wherein gaiters they like..?

I apologize upfront for posting this on the general, however I need some help.
I have bought a few gaiter options in the past and a big zero fit. I have lost a good deal of weight, but my calves still measure dang near 22” along with a size 15-16 boot.
Contacted some fellas on the new stone glacier gaiter and the best fit (dummy) they could come up with had 19” calves and size 12 shoe. He said it had a little adjustment left…. Well, I do know if something is maxed out they tend to not work as intended.
I need a good set of gaiters this year. Any Squach’s out there wherein gaiters they like..?

If you guys don’t come up with anything, I guess 20$ worth of gorilla tape a day it is… ?

Have you tried on the outdoor research ones. I know they make XL because that’s what I wear. Maybe they make xxl? Buy them on Amazon and if they don’t fit you can return them

I'm size 14, and 36" inseam, the kenetreks have a lot of room on my calves.

Mine are 19".

Might be worth a look

I use the Kings Camo ones (12 boot) and I have enough room to use them with my pac boots, but not much more. My buddy has the XL Kenetreks and they fit his ginormous size 15 feet, with his Schnees on. Call them

Have you tried on the outdoor research ones. I know they make XL because that’s what I wear. Maybe they make xxl? Buy them on Amazon and if they don’t fit you can return them
Yep these are the best. They make them in XXL. Of course I wear size small ?. But seriously they are the best.

OR’s or kenetrecks are the only ones really worth buying. I’ve tried several and there the only ones that last. And the OR’s are by far the better of the two I’ve found.

I hunt mostly in Colo, Wyo, and Alaska and have never seen the need for gaiters....not even for winter hunting in deep snow. My preference is to use high quality rain pants and quality gortex boots. In Wyo and Colo my pants may be a little wet in mornings with dew but it hardly takes any time and they are dry. I spend a lot of time sitting on the ground while hunting glassing. If I don't have on rain pants when it's wet or snow on the ground my butt will likely get wet. In most situations I bring along my rain pants so why bring rain pants plus gaitors?

When hunting in deep snow I wear a little taller boots that are waterproof plus rain pants. Never have any problems. Rain pants also are great for breaking the wind.

My goodness ss do you ever stop? So you lug both gaiters plus rain pants up and down the hills?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom