Big Horn Sheep

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-14 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]Posted this on another forum and would like some opinions on here. This is bighorn sheep I got on camera a few years ago. I'm sure he has been taken since this photo was taken but was curious as to what you think he would score. Thanks for looking.

I'll be the high bidder...for awhile.
175"+++
That's a helluva ram, anywhere!
Zeke

Holy cripes that's a dandy ram. I suck at scoring as well, but I'd put my money in the 180ish range.

I think we are over estimating this ram's size. He does hold his mass really well but his bases are average at best 14-14.5. Plus he has a extremely tight curl. The bottom of his curl is a inch above his jaw line. I'm guessing length is around 34". So I wouldn't put him over 170". Compare him to a 180 ram and you will see the difference. But he is still a great ram.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-14 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]I assume, given the habitat that Yuma means a "desert" bighorn. That being said I have to agree with bighornhunter.
He holds his weight in a tight curl, but his bases are not all that impressive, and while he looks like a book ram, I think it all keeps him in the 170ish range.

I appreciate the comments and opinions. I posted it up on another hunting forum and most people guessed him to be from mid 160's to low 170's. I've never scored or seen a ram scored so I was just curious. Again, thanks for the opinions!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom