Big live trap help-wanted

Dakota79

I just got a live trap that is big enough for cats and coyotes and I was wondering if there are any tricks you can give me to save a little trial and error?

Just out of curiosity, how are you planning to remove a live adult from the trap and then what ??

JB

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps we will see it on youtube? I hope you're current on your vaccinations.

>Just out of curiosity, how are
>you planning to remove a
>live adult from the trap
>and then what ??
>
>JB

Removing the animal won't be a problem. With the bobcats we let the little ones and the females lose. If it is a nice male we just shoot it with a small caliber and sell it. I wanted to try the live trap because some neighbors have great luck with them. Just something different I wanted to try. Merry Christmas

When i use my large live trap i will hang a little something from the back of the trap. tie it up good. if they play with it,=most times they will hit the pan and deploy the door. Use a good lure or bait for your targeted animal. i place brances and weeds around the trap to make it look natural as possible. also stake ot tie the trap to something as well, this prevents other animals from dragging your trap off, trust me this happens:) Good Luck!!!!

Zach

sardines for the cats,Hang a wing from the branches in front of the cage to get the cats to come that far the sardines will sell the trap the rest of the wayMake acubby out of brush so the cat can't see all the way thru, Dead Rabbit for the coyotes the cubby needs to be pretty thick too so it looks like a cave type hole.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-07 AT 10:24AM (MST)[p]Make sure when you use the sardines walk up to the trap and make sure there is not a black and white nose looking back at you.I've been there before.

I've got two cats and yes one of those black-and-white critters and he was not happy. I could smell the skunk before I could even see the trap. What a mess.

Those black and white do make a mess, but they also make good bait. change out the trap with a clean one, but the smell will still pull in critters for a long ways off.

Catch-em live trap are fairly easy to make if can weld a little.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom