Big muzzy bull for my son

passthrough

My youngest boy drew the muzzy hunt on the valles caldera this year. As you can guess, we were all super excited for this hunt. I have been taking my boys to watch elk there since they were babies. Finally we were going to be able to hunt inside the fence. Most of the big bulls that we had scouted had started to pull off the cows making them tough to relocate with limited scouting time. We got in position early and watched the elk coming to us. We killed the biggest bull that we saw that morning and we couldnt be happier!
IMG_0113.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg
He did so amazing keeping his focus with the elk that were moving around us. He is super pumped with his first bull. He scored just over 330, 46 inches wide, 53 inch beams, and 29 inches if mass. From the looks of his teeth, he is probably 8-10 years old. A super trophy for my Lanny! Special thanks to my good friends Barry and Dave for all of the help and laughs.
IMG_0171.jpg

Long packouts and early mornings make for sleepy teenagers lol

What an awesome bull for that young man!! He will cherish that experience for the rest of his life-good work!!??

WOW Wes , congrats to you and Lan !! What an awesome year , the muzzleloader hunts were great for him. Love to see local youth draw this amazing elk hunt ! Well done , and thank you for sharing it..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom