BIG ONES

appleman

Where are all the Mexico hunters and guides or outfitters with some info and pics and knowledge from this year in Sonora??? Every one should be back and settled in by now!

Appleman: Glad you made that post. I've also been waiting to see some of those late season big buck pics and get some past season perspective from various guides/outfitters.

))))......>

Well Appleman: NO RESPONCE I guess that about says it ALL...DANGEROUS HUNTING, NOTHING POSITIVE for the future in old Mexico. Time to look for a new safe place to hunt for the big ones because the best available alternative is better than a pine box.

))))......>

Well Trophy Hunter-guess u are right-no more wasting time in Mex since we dont like the old pine box-u would think some of these guys would have posted since guys like mule deer rock were going for three weeks and Todd had his wife postin for him while he was down there for months with 38 muleys hunters-think he would have something more to tell us?? Hope they didnt run into trouble!? Heck-me- Im gonna hunt the island this year just to be different! good luck

Appleman: This Mex. post has been very quiet ever since those 8 hunters including that 15yr. old boy were shot in the head and left in the back of that pickup. That was a clear message...to ALL... "Do Not Come Back". Things finally have just gotten so bad that no one can deny there are dangerous problems down there anymore. They kill the guides out scouting, hunters, tourists, anyone in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The only way people can find out about problems going on down in old Mex. is by knowing somebody. That last major incident was never reported here in the US on any major news. To many political games from both countries trying to down play and or cover up these issues. Even on the website that was carrying reports of problems and incidents down there. This last one on the 8 dead was there for about a week and deleted like it never happened. I guess people in high places on both sides don't want to effect tourism at the expense of the general public. This past year killings have really gone crazy. I read on that website that posts about problems in mex. that 40% of ALL deaths of world travelers occur in Mex. Even at major Resorts in major cities due to things like poor medical emergency responce, low balcony rails, Kids and adults falling off hotel balcony's, pool screens off.. sucking people in and drowning because nobody can turn off the pump..etc...etc. That site on these type issues was an eye opener. Here in the US we are very fortunate and think other countries are the same. They are not...

There is always change in the world. Unfortunately in old Mex. change is going the wrong way.

Time never stops Appleman:
I am glad you made your 2010 trip and returned home safe. You have ALL the memories of the past GOOD TIMES to enjoy and reflect on by the fire...

Good Hunt'n

))))........>

Hey

I'm back from Mexico. Just did another sheep hunt. That was 8 sheep hunts for the season.

I must be going to a different Mexico then you guys. All is great. I had over 40 Mule Deer hunter, 18 coues deer hunters and 8 sheep hunters. NO PROBLEMS other than the cops in town wanting money for no wearin my seat belt!

Bookings are already up from last year at this time.

Thanks Todd

2070gary_marco_md_2.jpg

Best Mule Deer of the Year 219 gross 36" wide

That's a dandy for sure. I would absolutely love to go back down there, but you have to be kidding yourself if you think Sonora has no problems with the drug lords. Let's not insult people's intelligence with the "everything's fine" mentality. Please take no offense, it's nothing personal, but MX is one of the most dangerous places on earth nowadays for good reason. Probably a good reason why Thomas Baker only had 6 muley hunters booked for 2010-2011 (last time I checked anyway). It's only going to get worse I"m afraid.

Thomas had few hunters for a different reason, that I will not get into. It would be to just fuel the MM website need for gosip.

If you have been going to mexico for many years, you understand the problems. Then and now! If you have not and only sit in your desk on the MM website when you should be working and post messages. Then you should only talk about issues you really know.

Our bookings are up from last year. Hunters who can afford Mexico and other third world hunts understand the issues.

TR
www.sonoranoutfitters.net

I do believe Fortis has a pretty good understanding and might I remind you that I was personally ambushed and chased myself last year on the way to Thomas' to hunt. I have been going to Mexico hunting for over forty years and may not understand the problems but I do know something about them and you are only kidding yourself! Im glad ur bookings are up cause I am all for Mexico more than u know but remember one of the reasons you picked up more ranches and clients this year is only cause other outfitters saw the writing and bailed out and left ranches unclaimed and a few old clients out there roaming. Obviously most all hunters never encounter any real danger---but---when you are dead---well---

Very well said. I try to keep my distance from the border.

We have some rules that we follow. Like traveling at night, staying out of little towns as much as we can. Not flashing money ect. I think the same precautions should be made in many other countries including the USA.

Appleman is right on the money. Todd, you have a bad habit of making knee jerk reactions to people when they disagree with you, even as non threatening a fashion as I did. I hardly sit at my desk all day staring at MM. While I don't pretend to know all you or Appleman know about Sonora, I do know a thing or two about MX, Thomas Baker, and why he only had 6 hunters. The main reason is because he's too close to Sasabe/US border and you know it. I've had numerous outfitters, and former outfitters in Sonora tell me face to face that bookings are down over 50%, fewer outfitters are working down there for obvious reasons, and it's only going to get worse in the short term. I'm with Appleman, I wish you the best and hope you knock 'em dead. The only thing that will keep hunters going down there for now, IMO is a drastic reduction in prices.

DUDE you are right about my knee jerk reactions. My wife says the same thing!

Wish prices were going to drop, but don't see it so far.

Thanks for your positive reaction to my negative response.

TRhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/9663steve_corey_buck.jpg

bethttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/6675steve_corey_buck.jpg

ter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom