Big Pod worth the cost?

elks96

Long Time Member
So who is running this setup? I have Silk tripod for glassing. And use homemade steady sticks for shooting.

I am looking for a setup that will help my son and daughter shoot better.
If you have the big pod, what are the must have heads?

The swivel attachment that is received by any of their tripods. I have the small bench tripod instead of a shooting bipod, that way you can switch back and forth depending on the situation. I also have the Adrenaline tripod with the Bino Rest instead of packing two tripods around. It doubles as your other shooting tripod. The only other product I would also suggest is the Xtreme Shooting Rest for better stability when sitting, kneeling, or standing.

Yes, it is worth the cost as opposed to much more pricey options.

Just put pic rails on the front of your rifles and get the hatch bipod. It’s the bomb diggity

I carry a slick tripod and all the gear, I feel the tripod and rest are to slow to set up in the heat of the action. I started using the primos trigger stick when the kids started hunting and and still use it with the girls and wife. It adjusts to any terrain in seconds, plus I use it to glass off of when I’m hiking.The Hatch bi- pod is excellent but it’s puts more weight on a kids rifle. My wife and daughters would not have been able to make half the shots they made without the tripod trigger stick, mostly one shot kills, no wounded animals, and no lost animals, and they all can shoot off of it standing

Unless a bipod as swivel capabilities, they are very restrictive. As mentioned, they add weight to the rifle and we all know that ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain. They can also get in the way (sometimes). That's why I switched to the Bog Pod products and carry the Rapid Shooting Rest with a Sling Swivel Mount for prone or "bench" scenarios and the Adrenaline for sitting/kneeling/standing. Once the two are attached, you can move and reposition like a bipod without having to use a separate hand to move the shooting rest like you would with a fork on standard shooting tripods. The Rapid Rest can be easily carried in a pack, where it's better to carry more weight anyway.

If I am shooting on the side of a hill where canting the rifle may be required for level set of the crosshairs on target, I usually just use my pack.

Everyone has their own way of doing what works for them, trial and error for your situation(s) and no way is perfect.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom