Big Sargent Bull Rumor

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Word on the street is that a lucky archer nailed a big 7x8 last week in the Sargent. Anyone got any details? I drew the first rifle hunt which starts next weekend and was wondering if anyone had seen or heard about this bull and/or had any other heads up for me? Anybody been up there lately? Unfortunately for me another scouting weekend is shot down in a flaming ball of wedding glory and I'll be in Northern California... I know the unit well, just seeing if anyone has any recent news or seen any other notable critters up there that might have survived archery season.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cody

p.s. a friend at Green Valley Meats here in town told me that two 400" class bulls came in yesterday off of the Acoma reservation...no surprise there I guess.

Cody on Sunday I dropped my camper off in Chama at my aunts house and I spoke to a couple guys who were there at the High Country. They had a real pretty and heavy 6x6 , maybe around 290 or so but just a great looking bull. They said the bulls were bugling jsut a little in the dark mornings but once the light started to come up they would shut down. They cow called the bull in and he came in very silent. They saw another small 4x4 that was with cows so they didn't think the rut had really got going yet.

I believe that first week in October is going to be magical in northern NM, and it could end up a slaughter as well.

Every thing I see coming out of unit 4 is 250-320. Average being about 260

I have a friend that I work with , he have a tag also! and showed him some area that I have killed bulls! nothing over class 300 just average bull!

he ll be walkin in with no horse! Good luck..

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom