Big Shed Match Help

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
My family and I had an incredible experience shed hunting last week on a popular LE unit in Southern Utah. My wife picked up her first shed and it is a bruiser! By far bigger then anything I have ever picked up. What made this trip special was that all
of my kids were with us, even our twin babies that we carried on our backs. We only anticipated staying out for a few hours but after my wife found this slug we stayed out the rest of the day, but were unsuccessful at finding the match.

Since finding the antler, I have put in numerous hours, miles and days in attempt to find the other side without any luck. I am baffled at the idea that this buck did not not shed both sides in close proximity to one another, especially with the amount of mass the antler carries.

I believe someone may have picked up the other side as their were some boot tracks from the opener within a mile or so from where we picked it up. I was hoping that maybe with the help of the Monster Muley community I might be able to get in touch with the lucky individual. I would love to get some pictures with the set or even pics of the buck on the hoof.

The shed has 22 2/8" mass and a 25 4/8" mainbeam.

53875fullsizerender3.jpg

38788img2615.jpg

84672img2616.jpg

84954img2619.jpg

I spoke with a guy who always camps in the same location with a few friends. He said that his friend had picked up a huge shed with a base similar to a soda can and a lot of mass We never saw the actual shed as it was at their camp. The gentleman had a few small dogs with him (chihuahas maybe), his wife and son. I am not sure how big his party was but they had a few campers. Earlier in the day (April 4), his friend was leaving and tried crossing the creek while towing his side by side, and got stuck, (It had
rained and snowed a lot and was a muddy mess), so we helped dig him out. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get in touch with their party before we left.

If the antler configuration looks somewhat familiar I'd appreciate some help along with any other advice. I apologize for the long write-up but I really would love to get in touch with whomever picked up the other side. In the meantime, I will still be pounding the hills.

Hell of an antler! Best of luck with matching it up. We were on the Henries for the opener, pounded the piss out of the Coyote Bench area, didn't find anything worth writing home about.

Hey can you Send me a pm. I think that I have the other side my four-year-old picked it up opening morning

So what LE unit in the south did it come From? I would think it might actually help you find the match.

Keeping the LE Unit a secret isn't protecting it from shed hunters... All LE units get hit by shed hunters...

I hope the earlier post saying their 4 year-old found it works out... Let us know what happens.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Thought I’d start this up again. Still no luck in matching it up. Shed came off the paunsaugunt.
Good luck to you all in the draws this Spring

70612F22-FFAF-4ACD-B5E7-A076EEE22278.jpeg

8026BB9F-3173-47E9-AF5C-10A85E5816E2.jpeg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom