Big Time Texas Hunts

On the individual hunt info sheets most (not all) have draw/harvest data.

1ADB12E6-C420-4531-914E-DA38DB9527F2.jpeg

Yeah I know those hunts post it I was curious if they ever post the odds on the big time texas hunts i.e. like how many tickets or chances are sold

I have never seen actual numbers broken down per hunt category. Last couple years, there were between 80-100K applications total, and generated almost one million dollars. It definitely goes for good conservation causes and use, so I always buy a ticket for each hunt. Some one has to win, and if you don't throw your hat in, your odds are ZERO!!

The Big Time Texas Hunts odds aren't posted in the regular hunt drawing book. I would think TPWD would provide the odds if you really want to crunch the numbers :)

I sent Clayton an email asking about numbers. He should reply.
My spouse's family has offered hunts in whitetail bonanza past several years. They are getting out this year. Some good hunts offered but realize they are not guarantee harvest hunts.

Well here's the reply I got from Clayton Wolf. Pretty interesting if you ask me.
You can't win if you don't try.

Well that was easy. I think our team already had these figures calculated because of some recent speculation that you had to buy a bunch of chances in order to win. As you can see below, over the last 2 years, just over half the hunters drawn only purchased one chance in that hunt category. But you can also see that our winning nilgai hunter purchased 125 chances in 2018. The vast majority of hunters get drawn with 5 or fewer chances. Worst odds are the Grand Slam.

Of course, if you do get drawn for the Grand Slam, that is the definitely the hunt of a lifetime. We just finished up the desert sheep hunt week before last, and that hunter from Lufkin killed a 170” ram on a guided hunt on Elephant Mountain WMA. We also had a hunter kill a 197” mulie on our Yoakum Dunes WMA. Of course, many of the hunts we purchase from private landowners and outfitters as well. I can’t speak for the private hunts, but I will tell you that our team members always get high marks for the customer service we provide for the hunts that are conducted on our WMAs.

If you decide to buy a chance or two, you have to buy at least one Grand Slam chance. If you get drawn and I’m still working, I’ll come out and wait on you hand and foot on your sheep hunt!

Feel free to email or call anytime.

Take care,

Package2018 AppsApps by winner2019 AppsApps by winner
Wild Hog Adventure
2,014​
1​
2,494​
1​
Texas Grand Slam Drawing
27,308​
2​
30,583​
4​
Ultimate Mule Deer Hunt
15,151​
10​
16,663​
2​
Nilgai Antelope Safari
10,421​
125​
9,100​
1​
Exotic Safari
9,609​
4​
13,250​
1​
Whitetail Bonanza (5 drawn)
9,937​
1,1,5,1,4​
11,292​
1,5,3,1,1​
Waterfowl Adventure
3,028​
1​
3,364​
1​
Big Time Bird Hunt
3,759​
5​
4,201​
50​
Premium Buck Hunt
10,063​
30​
11,432​
2​
Gator Hunt
3,414​
1​
3,735​
1​

I buy a few chances every payday up until november so I dont feel the hit to my wallet. I have been dreaming of the Exotic Safari hunt ever since I heard about the Big Time Texas Hunts

Usually get one for me and one for the wife, in every category we are interested in. Terrible odds, but goes for a good cause. I did win the Scimitar Oryx hunt at Mason Mt. with 4000:1 odds one year. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom