Biggest archery buck to date

dillon

Very Active Member
The past week has been filled with highs and lows. The lowest point was when I missed a huge 3x4 mule deer buck with my bow. I have been watching him for two years and it was disheartening to watch him disappear into the canyon below. I also missed a nice three point the day after I missed him. It was rough.

I decided to switch gears and hunt elk for a few days, but I couldn't find the elk either. I hiked and glassed a lot, but ultimately I had no success finding elk.

I decided to try my luck hunting deer again and on September 11th and I killed my biggest buck to date. He is a 23 inch three point.

I don't want to give myself too much credit for this buck because my shot was less than ideal and I had to stick him in the neck with a second arrow to seal the deal. Overall, I am happy and we are having fresh steak for dinner.

If you really want to follow my hunt in more detail you can follow my thread in the Hunt Adventure Challenge titled "Hoyt in my Hand" or my 2017 Season on my www.dillonhoyt.com website where I keep my hunting journal and post more pictures.

All smiles at the Hoyt house right now!

52367dillonhoyt91120172.jpg

11511dillonhoyt911201710.jpg

48214dillonhoyt911201732.jpg

66802dillonhoyt911201734.jpg

84632dillonhoyt911201756.jpg

That Huntin Rig kinda Compares to browtines Old Huntin Rig!:D

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

Congrats ! Nice hunting rig ! I bet your getting 33 miles to the gallon ! Just wash the blood out of the trunk really good. ?

You Know We're Just RAZZIN You Dillon!

I've Actually Hunted off a F'N Pedal Bike!:D

Never Hauled a Buck out on a Bike though!

Nice Job!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

Good for you. That's a fine buck and getting them with a bow is hard, at least I think so. Congratulations!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Thanks for the compliments.

He is all cut up and in the freezer now because it too hot to hang the quarters in my root cellar. We hit 93 today.

The Ole Toyota Camry is notorious for bringing home critters. We will have to see how she handles an elk this year. My wife is pretty protective of her Honda Pilot that I paid for.

Good luck everyone.

Great buck! I've a few stories related to two bucks in the trunk of a little Datsun B210 and an elk in the trunk of a Mercury Monarch. I hauled a buck out in a Mitsubishi Tredia's trunk once too.

Congratulations, your perseverance paid off! Also, I don't see anything wrong with your hunting rig (at least until you get that big bull elk)! I like all the pictures, thanks for posting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom