Biggest bodied little antlered deer

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
What is the biggest bodied deer you have shot, seen shot or have pictures of that doesn't have the headgear to match?

I always hear someone every year say "that's a big bodied two point"

Post em if ya got em.

>What is the biggest bodied deer
>you have shot, seen shot
>or have pictures of that
>doesn't have the headgear to
>match?
>
>I always hear someone every year
>say "that's a big bodied
>two point"
>
>
>Post em if ya got em.
>

Most of these TARDS have got to say something about their PISSCUTTERS!

The Average Body Size of most Utah Deer don't even compare to what they use to Weigh 30-40 years ago!

That statement always amazes me!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I'll agree with boot!

But they're usually Sportin Some HeadGear too!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-14 AT 09:31PM (MST)[p]I'll third that one.
I don't have any pictures to share, but my buddy killed a basket headed 2 point in Colorado, that easily weighed over 200 lbs. I actually used his cape to mount a mature buck a friend had killed years earlier and the two point's cape easily fit on a large mule deer form.

I shot a big bodies 3x4 almost a 4x4. Its bases were like 50 cent pieces and the horns were like pencils. My buddies still wonder why I shot him over the big horned 2x2, there was something about this buck that said I am a old guy. His teeth were worn to nubs and he had a lot of grey in his coat. When I had him aged he was 8 years, and his horns were like a yearlings but when I had him and that big horned 2x2 (the 2x2 had the body of a yearling or second year buck, with a 18-20 inch spread) right next to each other I was picked the bigger bodies one. I never regretted passing on the bigger horned deer, and I wish I had a full body pic not just a pic of the horns.

Wife's first buck.

4640wifesbuck2003_1_.JPG

I shot Deer was like that

I shot him out of the field at a friends farm. He was a 2pt but had been eating grain all year long. He was Massive in body and was very tasty.

It was hilarious. I shot him from the gate to his farm opening morning and had him loaded ontop of my Blazer and headed home so early that when I pulled into the check station in Diamond Fork heading back to Provo the guy jokingly asked if I had shot the deer the night before.

It was nice to get my deer and be back for an 11:30 kick off time for a BYU game though

RE: I shot Deer was like that

Crimedog,

It's funny you say that about BYU. My father-in-law has little interest in hunting, but his fondest memory was filling tags with his brother at first light in the Oquirrah Mountains and making it back in time for the BYU football game.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-14 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-14 AT 04:37?PM (MST)

I took a big bodied 3 X 3 last year in Colorado, he was only 18 inches wide but was a very heavy bodied deer. I would have liked to have put him on a scale field dressed. I'll try to post the photo if I can get it figured out.

Jody

8833dscf1018.jpg

I took this nice buck opening morning of a 21 day DIY Wyoming hunt. My Pard looked over a lot of bucks in the coming days but never could get on a Dandy so the last day, took the smaller antlered buck from a group of about 8 bucks. He took the one he did, not for the rack, none of them were really nice, but because his body was noticeably bigger than the others and for the cost of the outa State trip, he was interested in at least bringing home some nice venison.

Turned out that the body's of both his buck and mine were of the same size. Looking at the heads and racks, that's hard to figure.

6981rich_&_my_buck_head_in_camp.jpg

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Wow Sage that is an excellent example....two bucks same body and two bucks such different racks....got to be the genes? They ate good but one got the full load :)

))))------->

"...got to be the genes?"

Yeah, that's what we figured. My Pards buck had a nice bunch with him. There were several considerably bigger racked than the one he took but none of them was anything special 22-23" 3x4's and 4x4's. He has taken his share of true monster bucks. Being nothing big showed, that last hunt was for the BBQ.

Interesting that my buck, had a dwarf buck hanging with him. He was a spike to me at first glass but i threw down my daybag and hunkered into shooting position just the same as if he were a monster and that eventually gave me the slight window of opportunity i did have and made the most of when it was there.

Anyway, the "spike that i thought alone but was with my buck laid down on the trail root ball hump, uphill side of a large conifer tree. Not knowing any other bucks were with him at the time, i was playing around figuring out just where between his rack i'd need to hold to hit him in the nose at the ranged 360 yards if i'd wanted to. Then he turned his head and i couldn't believe it but he was a clean well proportioned 4x4!! Here, head on i thought him a spike or maybe a small fork. His rack was maybe 12-13" wide and maybe the same tall but he was a 4x4 sure enough. Again, genetics i'd guess.

Watching that little guy was when my buck stepped out from behind that big conifer tree trunk. Within a second or two, he was dirt napping. We figured him for a 3 1/2 year old buck that really could have used another couple years but at 28" and decent, was just too nice to pass.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I saw a 3x3 that his belly looked like it was ready to hit the floor. The next year seen him again in the same exact spot.One in our group is usually a meat guy. That deer was within 100 yds of him and he came off the hill and said he would wait since it was day 1. LOL!!! That fat 3x3 was never seen again. I know he was maxed out antler wise. Just got the short end of the stick. He was smart and acted like a 7-8 year old. But has to be the largest deer I have seen on the hoof. I hope someone took him out of the gene pool!!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-14 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]This is a whitetail, but a very old buck that never did have very impressive head gear. I doubt he ever would have topped 100". I nick named him "stubby".

I have pictures of him over about a 5 year period, this is the last good picture I got of him. He was for sure on the decline in this picture. He had a much larger body than a normal buck.

stubby_OLD.jpg

Here he was a couple years earlier. Probably his peak antler year.

stubby_daytime.jpg

I saw this guy kick the butts of several bucks with much nicer antlers... Decided I had to take him home on my last day... Body was an absolute beast but I was backpacking so I couldn't weigh him.

ericwooding110609-1.jpg

No pictures, But I watched a large mule deer in the steens unit during the rut several years ago. He was the fattest, big slob of a deer I have ever seen. He had to of had an eating disorder. My guess at the time was about 6-8yr old, easily over 400lb with a 80-90" 3x3 basket rack. Lot of mass. He had flabby loose skin like an old brahma bull, neck skin flapping around, gut hanging down fat slob of a buck. A 4yr old tall racked 3x3 buck was challenging him, Smelled him and was running across a big flat right at this bucks hideout. When fat boy saw this little buck coming he came out to show who was boss. came out stomping its feet, hair up, head down. Giving the young buck the stink eye. 4yr old with his 20-22" wide and tall rack stopped about 50yrds out. Then made a wide circle around fat boy and got the hell out of there. This buck was so fat, I doubt it could breed a Doe. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-14 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/4560img-140415120056.pdf

If this bucks head gear matched his body size he'd be well over 200" This is from Wyoming a few years back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom