Bighorns Elk Dates?

270Whatelse

I drew a type 1 tag for a unit in the Bighorns and I'm still debating which week to hunt. I'll be comming from Wisconsin and have a week and a half vacation to use. If you were in my situation would you get there a couple days before the opener(Oct15th) scout a few days and end up actually hunting 6 or so days. Or go the second or third week after hopefully some of the hunting pressure goes down and actually have 8 or 9 days to hunt. I'm leaining towards earlier but any advice would be appreciated!

I'd get there a couple of days early to scout - especially if you've never been there before. Hopefully you can find one you like and be on him the first day. Weather can be an issue any time but gets worse as it gets later. Those Elk also go a long way and into some either rugged country or onto private pretty quick when pushed. GOOD LUCK. Represent Wisconsin well while you're out there. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom