Bings 2019 Outdoor Adventures

GoatT

Who?s ready to get after it? I know I am. 2019 HAC is up and I'm excited for what this season has in store.

Decided to try out posting up my (HAC) hunt adventures this year and hopefully I can keep up with it. This year I applied for Utah OIL moose (18 points) and LE rifle deer (10 points) with no luck. I'm behind in the draws by a few years on both so hopefully if I keep putting in I'll draw in the next few years.

I was lucky enough to draw my Utah dedicated hunter tag again this year for the Chalk Creek/East canyon/Morgan-South Rich area. I have enjoyed this program and been doing it since its inception. I love how it allows me to hunt 3 ? month during the fall for both deer and elk. I'm hoping to get out in the next couple weeks to set some cameras up and do some summer scouting trips.

Earlier this year I wasn?t able to get out a whole lot due to the wet weather and work obligations, but I was able to at least watch some bucks and bulls before they started shedding their antlers and pick up a few sheds along the way.

Keeping my fingers crossed on a good hunt this year and hope you enjoy some of my 2019 hunting adventures. I'll be posting here on HAC as well as some videos on my YouTube channel (Bing Outdoors) and Instagram page @bingoutdoors.

Follow along and enjoy and good luck to everyone this year with whatever tags you have!!!

376261.jpg

799802.jpg

159143.jpg

@bingoutdoors on Instagram
Bing Outdoors on Youtube

2018 was a fun year. I hunted in an area that I used to hunt in about 10 years ago. It was good to get back up in that area and see that it held some good quality bucks still. Although I had some great opportunities, I wasn?t able to fill my tag though. 2019 will be a redemption year. Here's a couple vidoes of some scouting I did before last season.

Bingoutdoors on Youtube

Fast forward to Spring 2019. Watched a few bulls this spring waiting for them to shed. Here?s a couple videos of some of the bulls I watched in March and early April.

With all the moisture this spring, this year?s hunting season could yield some really big bucks and bulls. We'll keep ya posted on what I find this year, until then here?s a few from last year in a new area I checked out along with some wintering bulls.

248495.jpg

109836.jpg

406707.jpg

249838.jpg

4946310.jpg

82425pict0008.jpg

42088pict0272.jpg

86552pict0664.jpg

18400pict0858.jpg

79764pict0920.jpg

67231pict1139.jpg

10231pict1144.jpg

83015pict1252.jpg

95272pict1258.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

Was able to get out over the weekend to check some cameras I had set out a few weeks ago. The deer and elk are up in there summer grounds and adding more antler growth every day. Haven't seen anything really big yet. Moved a couple cameras to see if I could get more mature bucks or bulls on film. We'll see in a couple weeks when I go back up what is in there. With the archery hunt only a month away, hoping a bog boy shows up soon.

Here are a few pics i pulled off the camera this weekend. Enjoy!

67418a.jpg

91636b.jpg

6149c.jpg

84203d.jpg

33359e.jpg

22467f.jpg

57957g.jpg

55664h.jpg

5024i.jpg

18463j.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

It's been a little while since I posted, as you all know it's hunting season, so I'll update you on the hunting I've been doing the last few weeks. This summer was so busy with work and other projects at home that I wasn?t able to get my hours done for my dedicated hunter tag this year. Bummer! Now that it is October, I may just wait on next year for deer. I did however get an OTC archery elk tag and have been out a couple times close to where I live.

Decided to go up to an old spot I have got elk in the past and threw up a camera mid-September in anticipation of getting some rutting elk action. Heard a couple faint bugles as the elk were just getting ready for the rut in the area. Was a little disappointed when I went up the end of September (a couple weeks later) to see very little pics on my camera. There was a decent bull and some smaller 4 and 5 points and spikes on there, but didn't give the area a lot of time this year.

While coming in to grab my camera and change cards that day me and a buddy were able to see two good bulls that had just got into a squabble. The bigger one (6x6 from what I could tell) we watched for a minute before he went in the trees. We decided to make a play on him. We made our way over to him and I was able to get within 100 yards of him and his cows and a few satellite bulls. Unfortunately I wasn?t able to coax him out of the trees for a shot, but it sure was fun to play around with them. Here?s a little video I put together of that day that include me calling the group in with the bull just in the tree line out of sight.

A few trail cam pics off my camera.

90465100.jpg

20475101.jpg

30611102.jpg

35757103.jpg

21062104.jpg

13795105.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

Not big game related, but was able to get out with my Pops, my brothers, a couple of my nephews and my son on our annual duck hunt opener out at Farmington Bay. I spent most my time just hanging with my boy as it was his first hunting experience. Had a blast with the family and even got 4 ducks to boot.

23173d1.jpg

12014d2.jpg

41256d3.jpg

22656d4.jpg

92397d5.jpg

21081d6.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

It's been a crazy hunting season. I was able to get out with my Pops. 69 years young and still has it. I started hunting with him ever since I could walk. My hunting I have learned from him and my grandfather and from a few others along the way, but he instilled it in me. I enjoy getting out with him, although with a family of my own it's not quite as frequent as before, but I love being out with him and my brother's.

He was able to take this nice buck not far from home. After circling the mountain we made a play on this buck heading back to the truck. My dad made a great 300 yard shot with his trusty 308 Winchester topped with an old 6x Redfield scope. He is dead accurate out to 400 yards, which he will not shoot past that distance. We were able to carry him between the three of us to the truck about 1/2 mile away. What a day it was.

60622dad2019.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

A few days later we were able to get my brother on his buck. Was one of the most fun family hunts we've had and enjoyed spending time in the outdoors.

61370craig20192.jpg

64670craig20191.jpg

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

Had a great season and can't wait until next year. The biggest highlight of the year was chasing this big guy around for a few days. Was able to get within 12 yards of this big fella a couple times but couldn't get a arrow in him. Here is some footage from about 800 yard away when I first noticed him.

And some cool bugling sequences from trying to lure him in.

Bing Outdoors on Youtube

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom