Bino Cases for bowhunters

nocwalker

Hello guys, I wanted your opinions on which bino harness/case to get. Want to get one that will not interfer with shooting but still is easily available when needed. Wanted to get some first hand comments from experienced guys before buying one.

Thanks nocwalker

I love my Badlands Bino case, I do not know how I went so long with out it. Specially with the water option, makes it great on a stock if you have to sit and wait.

I've had/tried them all. The KUIU is the best for my applications. As a still hunter and bowhunter, there are features about the KUIU that make it preferable over the Badlands for me. I used the Badlands for years prior to that. The main reason I switched was that the Badlands needs two hands to operate quietly. You have to open/close the case with one hand and pull the binos out with the other. I also don't like/need the case closed all the time. When I'm still hunting or bowhunting, I want to be able to walk around and frequently access the binos to glass and then quietly set them back in the case. I can leave the top open on the KUIU and do this. If it's raining or I need the binos covered, I just flip the cover over them and go. Only thing I don't like about the KUIU is I wish it had a small pocket or two inside as I liked to keep some essentials in there(tags, license, etc)

Fhf it's real nice the only thing I don't like is it let's dust in. I have sitka right now and I love it. It has the zippers on it but they can be opened then it just closes with 2 magnets on top that make no noise at all. But the zippers are nice when you are hiking over really rocky stuff and they are really quiet ... Badlands is to loud and bulky for my liking and you have to use 2 hands

hornhunter makes a nice bino cover & it comes in 2 sizes I also have the bino cover by crooked horn I like this one as well.

Thanks for the reply's.

I was able to try on a badlands this weekend, Thought it sat against my chest a little higher then what I thought would be good for a bowhunter. Didn't know if it would interfer with shooting or not. I am hopeing that one of these bivy's will sit a little lower to give a little more clearance.

Do any of you guys have experience shooting with the bino bivy's on?

Thanks nocwalker

I have not had a problem with that but it all depends on your shooting form and whether your draw length is adjusted properly for you.

Another vote for the Horn Hunter. I have been very happy with this setup. I still think I may try the KUIU just because I like KUIU products. Maybe if this Horn Hunter ever gives up. I wouldn't spend a dime on the badlands, let alone $120 or whatever they are asking for it now.

}}-SLIVER-->

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-14 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]Got my KUIU on Sat. Watching the instruction video was key to getting the fit and function correct. Liking it so far. That "blob stuck to your chest" feeling is gone.

I shot tournaments for several years with the Badlands on. It never interfered with my bowstring.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom