Bino harnesses…who gave in to the hype

SS!

Long Time Member
Who here besides me have gave up on bino purses? IMHO they are gimmicky and worthless. I’ve tried them all and they all suck. Marsupial, badlands, alaska guide creations, mystery ranch, crooked horn etc. I think they are the second most overrated piece of hunting gear besides spotting scope covers. Who else has stopped using a bino “harness”?

743BB461-3A69-4E8D-9AA2-105D6932798F.jpeg

Ya. I have tons of wasted purchases that I thought "this will be awesome!". I'm now down to a couple pounds of gear and the lightest of everything I can find. Of course, hitting 60 REALLY helped with that process.

I never bought into them. However, funny you post this, I was looking at them today in a store. I was surprised how expensive they were up to $160.

SS, never used them. But I don’t use $3,000 binos. I want them accessible. Anyway, something you will appreciate, ??

Been very happy with mine. Hold my 10x50 Leicas great. Made in the good old USA. Quality binoculars are to expensive not to protect.
View attachment 102485
Yep i be tried that one. Sucks in moisture worse than any of the others. Buckles suck in the cold too. Snap two of the buckles on a late season moose hunt. Lots of pockets to put stuff for arts and crafts. 3/10. Better than most. Heavy as hell though

Yep i be tried that one. Sucks in moisture worse than any of the others. Buckles suck in the cold too. Snap two of the buckles on a late season moose hunt. Lots of pockets to put stuff for arts and crafts. 3/10. Better than most. Heavy as hell though
Well slim shady it sounds like you have some ideas of what’s wrong. Why don’t you build a better bino purse and sell it for way too much. You could call it the “SS better bino purse”!

Well slim shady it sounds like you have some ideas of what’s wrong. Why don’t you build a better bino purse and sell it for way too much. You could call it the “SS better bino purse”!
Can’t build it better if the whole concept is stupid.

It comes down to this: if you need to whip out those binos like you draw a gun, they are worth it. I just never found that to be the case.

I now lovingly carry my binos in a crown royal bag comfortably tucked in my backpack.

realistically a beer goes in one and the pipe in the other.
if i had nicer binos i would probably use one but would still keep them in my pack.
I don’t think the ol Muley Freak gets down like that. I think he’s a member of the LDS Church which in his case stands for Landowner Defying Sociopath.

No badlands. I tried the kuiu it sucked!
The Sitka wasn't bad!
last years muley freak model is nice but i dont have all the gay attachments!
dont hate on me cause he breaks the law i didn't pay him to do that SS!

I bought one to use up a gift card years ago or so. Used it once and I couldn't see the benefit over my bino harness and soft cover.

Just this last season, I finally bought a new harness as the old one lost almost all elasticity. Spent another $20 to replace.

I use the magnetic closure Badlands. It's the only bino purse that I've even owned and since I'm use to it and it's super quick and protects the binos without lens caps, it's just right for me.

I will never go back to straps and caps. Period.

I do NOT want all the other pouches and bags hanging off the purse, however.

Simple = better IMHO

PS: If you're not using your binos, you're just going for a walk!

Zeke

I wear my harness for all hunts and love it. I have tried many other brands and understand where many on this thread are coming from. Mine was/is cheap and it works great. My current one is 10 years old and still in great shape. One hand in and out while securely holding them in place even while crawling.
1675893148711.png

Camo ones are currently sold out but a guy can still buy the black ones. Just google S4 Gear Bino Harness. In my opinion, it is the best one ever made.

Never tried them. I wear a medium sized daypack with my gun on right shoulder and binos slung around my neck and strap (which is half paracord) under left armpit. I use my binocs alot and they are always at the ready. Been using the same vortex diamondback 10 x 42's for 6 or 7 years.

I don't know how guys don't use a bino harness I like to protect my $2000 binos, maybe I use my binos more than the average guy but I'm always checking something out with them.
if you’re always using them why have a harness? Why sit there with an empty purse on? Seems silly?

Well a quick use to check out something then put them right back in the harness and continue still hunting. I really don't understand any other option I guess lol
Fair enough but why put them in a purse? Why can’t they just be around your neck? If access is an issue and guys want it to be quick why have them in a case?

I’m not saying having your binos in your pack if you’re not using a bino purse. You can still have them around your neck.

I’m all for the harness littlebighorn. But without the purse part
I agree with bighorn I hated them bouncing all over the place and the strap hurts your neck after so long. I'm not understanding the purse part you're talking about? I don't have all the accessories and crap just the alaska guide creations harness and my range finder fits in the front zipper part

I too hate the bino harnesses. They're horrible for archery hunts and stalking deer. Trying to get them back in to the harness is a process that is not easy or quite when you're 30 yards from a buck bedded in the brush. I keep my 15x56s in them because I keep them in my pack when hunting and keep my 10x42s around my neck.

Use an enclosed harness for big game and shed hunting because the eyecups will fill with sage or water if its raining. Use an open harness for coyote hunting due mainly to just sitting and doesnt make as much noise and quicker bringing them up to the eye.

I’ve used the badlands magnetic for years. Works great for me and protects the glass. My only complaint is in warmer weather, the purse gets a little hot. Cutting the stupid little plastic bladder out from the back strap did help though.

I like them with a rangefinder pouch on the side for archery hunting, they work well to keep your stuff from clanking against the bow when you are bent over sneaking in. My problem is the "lid" doesn't hold well enough and they slip out when I am really bent over, but I am too cheap to buy a better one. It also helps from getting pee in the objectives when you shake it off, HA

I picked up one years ago from a local company, can't remember the name. Shell, lid with hook and loop, not sure if they are still on buisness. They are grey, and cheap.

I like them on the sxs, keeps bonos less dusty. Really like them waterfowl hunting, dogs love to shake off water and mud.

yeah bino harnesses are worthless o_O. Nothin I love more than dirty scratched lenses and 2.5 lbs swinging from my neck
How are you getting your binos scratched? Do you wear a face mask too? I’m calling BS…

I picked up one years ago from a local company, can't remember the name. Shell, lid with hook and loop, not sure if they are still on buisness. They are grey, and cheap.

I like them on the sxs, keeps bonos less dusty. Really like them waterfowl hunting, dogs love to shake off water and mud.
but hiking with them? nothing better then an excessively sweaty chest

How are you getting your binos scratched? Do you wear a face mask too? I’m calling BS…
They don’t get scratched because I keep them in a fully enclosed harness except for when I’m looking through them

They don’t get scratched because I keep them in a fully enclosed harness except for when I’m looking through them
So you put your binos in a purse? What do you use to protect your face from scratches?

my swaros are armored with rubber that was put there to protect what's inside......the armor is there to be scratched.....
I prefer pulling them out of a forward opening harness than flipping off all the lens covers, just personal preference but it’s a lot faster for me. And I prefer the weight of the binos distributed across my back rather than hanging on my neck. But I’m also usually backpacking and not riding in a truck or sxs . Plus the it makes a great rear rest when shooting prone. But I actually hunt so I’m sure you have different preferences

So ? for all the harness Haters Where the Fak are you putting your binos ?? Pocket - backpack - fanny pack - or your man purse ??

Who here besides me have gave up on bino purses? IMHO they are gimmicky and worthless. I’ve tried them all and they all suck. Marsupial, badlands, alaska guide creations, mystery ranch, crooked horn etc. I think they are the second most overrated piece of hunting gear besides spotting scope covers. Who else has stopped using a bino “harness”?

View attachment 102474
I bet you wear camo. Sellout.

I have camo pajamas only because they don’t the brand I like in non camo. @nfh can confirm this.

If you want to play dress up with the boys more power to you ?

I can confirm this and the sacrifice. With that sacrifice you earned a guaranteed trip to Vahalla.

As far as a bino purse never tried one.

I do have the bra but havent used it in years. Always came loose and the while on the horse the binos would bounce and hit the hammer on my revolver. Since that my binos are in my pack or saddle bag

99% of my shots are laying down in the rocks and dirt. You guys that aren’t using a bino “purse”, are you just laying down on those binos? That’s the number one reason I use one. #2 is they give me somewhere to attach my rangefinder that’s not on my hip where my pack sits. #3 I hate extra ammo in my pack or strapped to my rifle stock so it goes in my bino “purse” as well.

99% of my shots are laying down in the rocks and dirt. You guys that aren’t using a bino “purse”, are you just laying down on those binos? That’s the number one reason I use one. #2 is they give me somewhere to attach my rangefinder that’s not on my hip where my pack sits. #3 I hate extra ammo in my pack or strapped to my rifle stock so it goes in my bino “purse” as well.
Why carry a purse for the 5 seconds it takes to shoot on a hunt? Shooting is such a small portion of the hunt. Just move them to the side and shoot.

Guaranteed I would forget to do that in the heat of the moment. Hell, I’ve had earplugs hanging around my neck for every hunt and they have yet to make it to my ears before the shot. Suppressors are my new best friend.

This bino purse debate all comes down to one of three things:
1-You use them and like them.
2-You don't use them and don't know what you're missing
3-You used one and don't like it because you obviously had it on backwards or something.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zeke??

This bino purse debate all comes down to one of three things:
1-You use them and like them.
2-You don't use them and don't know what you're missing
3-You used one and don't like it because you obviously had it on backwards or something.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zeke??
hahahahaha

So you put your binos in a purse? What do you use to protect your face from scratches?
How are you going to post up, and say the glass is perfect on your $3500 range finding binoculars in the classifieds to pay your over due $85K diesel truck payment if you don't carry them in a covered harness? Riding around in the SxS gets dusty and the dust is hell on those lenses. I mean, thats just good business sense.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom