Binocular question

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
I recently bought a pair of Pentax dcf sp. They are very clear and I like them, but have noticed a problem with them. On the interior of the glass there is what appears to be dust particles or something on the inside of the glass. There is no way to remove it. It shows up as a small blur. I notice it the most when I am scanning something from a distance. Pentax and the store I bought them from have been helpful. I had them replaced once, but still noticed the same problem with the new pair. Am I being to picky? Has anyone else ever noticed this with binoculars? Is it because this pair is so clear that I am noticing this imperfection?

I hope you get some replies to your questions. I am seriously looking at buying a pair of the DCF SP 10X43s. I compaired them side by side with Leupold, Nikon, and Kahles at Cabelas and there was definitely a difference in the quality of the Pentax over the others. I hope you work out the problems with your binoculars. I was inside the store so I didn't notice any blurred spots on the Pentax but they sure seemed brighter and clearer to me.

Tim
Searchin' for a 4 X 4

Where did you buy your binoculars? I got a price from Doug at Cameralandny and have been wondering how he can sell them so much lower than the other guys.

Tim

Tim,
If you get anything from us and you have any problem we will take care of it for you. We stand behind everything we sell.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

I bought them from Doug. He's taken care of me, but I have had two pair with the same problem. I was hoping to get some replies on this from someone thats experienced this. It seems to me that maybe when the bino's where made there was small partilcles of dust that was sealed on the interior of the glass. Doug, Have you had any other issue's with this?

This is very odd as we have literally sold hundreds of the DCF SP's with no problems up until the interior foreign product matter in yours. Please feel free to send them back to me and we will check a pair for perfection before resending to you.

Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-06 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]>Plus free lifetime repair.

Pentax has a lifetime no fault warranty on all sports optics, including their riflescopes

Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom