Binoculars

Bucketmouth

Need some new glass. Currently have Bushnell Trophy 10x42's. Anybody have a recommendation on some 10x42 glasses. Don't want to spend over $300.00

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-18 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-7577-M...8-1&keywords=nikon+10x42+binoculars+monarch+5

I would try and compare Diamondbacks and Monarchs side by side and see which one fits you better. They are both good quality

About another $100 will step you up to the Monarch 7s which rival some more expensive glass. When you consider how long you will use these, that might be a good investment.

And unless you spend a lot of time glassing in the mountains at more than 3-400 yards, you might consider getting 8x42 instead. Usually a little less expensive and have several advantages. Easier to hold steady, an ounce or two less weight, and have a bigger exit pupil (allowing more light in at lower light). I have both and 90% of the time I reach for the 8x.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Diamond backs are hard to beat for the cost. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll pick them up for around $200 on sale local or check Cameraland in the classifieds forum. I ordered up a pair for my son from Doug at camera land for around $150 last fall.

Check out a pair of the 10x42 Leupold BX-2 Acadia. I picked up a pair from Cabellas (Currently 279.99) back during the holidays and have been super happy with them. Bright, clear, crisp. Overall a solid pair of binos for the money.

>Check out a pair of the
>10x42 Leupold BX-2 Acadia.
>I picked up a pair
>from Cabellas (Currently 279.99)
>back during the holidays and
>have been super happy with
>them. Bright, clear, crisp.
> Overall a solid pair
>of binos for the money.
>

+dozens.

I use 10x42 Diamondbacks.

You can pick them up on sale, they are good glass, especially at the price point
From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-18 AT 08:20AM (MST)[p]I would suggest looking at the Maven C.1 binos. They are a bit more than the Vortex or Leupold models that others have suggested but in my opinion they are well worth the extra money and you won't be disappointed in them. You can also try them through their demo program to see if you like them before having to purchase them.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-18 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]Everyone knows that you can't even see though anything that costs less than $2,000.
That being said...my wife loves her Vortex's.

Bucketmouth,
You might look into 10x50s or 8x40s if you use your glass in low light situations. The "5-1" ratio will allow maximum light gathering. Also make sure the glass you look at are fully multi coated, not just fully coated or just multi coated.
I really like the Diamondback line. The 10x50s weigh more as that objective glass is big and heavy but for me the benefits outweigh the extra weight.
A decent harness makes the difference in weight almost unnoticeable.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

I do not know warranty on all the different brands but i do know that you do not beat Vortex no questions for life warranty. I had a pair of Monarchs they are good glass but limited warranty that is a few years ago maybe they have changed there warranty something you might want to consider.

I would also recommend the Maven C1. They are just above what you want to spend, but worth the extra $50. I really like mine.

My Wife gave my some Leupold Acadia?s for our anniversary last year. They are nice bino?s for the price. Try looking through all of the models you can find and pick the one you like.

Hasbean

Maven C1's fo sure! Look for a used or demo pair and they will be sub $300. They are easily vortex viper hd quality, optically speaking that is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom