Binos harness and cover

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
I have ordered some new binos. I am wanting to protect them a little better than my previous pair. For those who use the harness/covers what are the pros and cons? Do the interfere with wearing a daypack? I normally have a daypack on while hunting and these bino hub type harness w/covers look like they might not work well with a daypack. What say ye?

Depending on the size of your binos my favorite was the sitka one but when i switched to 12x50s they wont fit in it... the next best that is up there with sitka is an FHF and you wont regret buying one of them at all...

Put your bino harness on before you put your pack on and it won't get in the way.
I currently use the KUIU harness and am pretty happy with it. My only gripe is that when I unclip the bino's from the harness while I'm wearing the harness the straps are no longer connected to the harness and the shoulder straps come off of the shoulders and hang over my back. My old Horn Hunter harness had a seperate set of straps that stay connected to the harness even if I took the binos out of the harness and unhooked them. But that is an easy fix that I can remedy with a needle and thread and a couple of pieces of strap material.
I have no experience with the Sitka or FHF harnesses. Another one people seem to like is the Alaska Creations set up. I have no experience with this one either. The Horn Hunter was a good harness as well. fatrooster.

get a hold of someone that has the KUIU system & check it out !! I bought mine last year I have 15 x 50 binos & use mine pretty much all season scouting with & without back packs riding motorcycles & 4 wheelers back in off the beaten paths . archery rifle horn hunting Mine have never gotten in the way I also have the KUIU Icon 5200 pack that I use for all the above mentioned SO far I can NOT find a single thing BAD too say about them !!! they are in the same place with & without a pack on same place crawling thru the brush or bent down or on hands & knees stalking with bow !!! Awesome unit

I too use the Kuiu system......I like the fact that I can use it with or without the cover.....it holds my binos snug against my chest with no bounce......they also come with a rain cover if needed.....they also offer a large size if you carry 12x50 binos.....

I see what your saying Rooster, about having to unclip them, but just tell your buddy to get his OWN swaro's and he wont have to look through yours LOL. PS I love the kuiu harness

I bought the Sitka first and then the Kuiu. I gave the Sitka away.

Most of the time I just use the elastic strap because I don't like the bulk of the case. either way it works great

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom