bino's

time2hunt

who has the best deal on bino's these day I see that kb camera doesn't sponser this site any more.In the market for some new bino's either sworo,leica's or zeiss.It a good year for tax returns thanks to uncle sam. Thanks Brian

See the post a few back from gr8fuldoug. Thats doug at camerland NY - www.cameralandny.com. Great service and best prices I have found, just purchased a Pentax from them, but they do carry many others. Call Doug he will take care of you.

It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please feel free to give me a call. I am in Saturday from 9-4 and M-Thurs from 7-5.
We carry Leica, both new and "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" binoculars, as well as Nikon, Zeiss, Pentax, Kahles, Swarovski, +++

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Hey Doug, I'm not familiar with "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" binoculars. Do they also carry the Leica warranty? I'm not in the market for any bino's, just trying to advance my knowledge of whats available out there. fatrooster.

I bought a set if Leica 10x42 Ultravids and I love them so much I handed down my SLC's to my wife. I'm a Swarovski guy but the Ultravids are a little smaller and lighter with as good or better optics IMO. plus you can't beat thier passport warranty.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-06 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]Fatrooster,

I'm not Doug, but I know from his posts on another board that the "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" stuff comes with a 1 year warranty. I've never bought Leica demos from Doug, but if they're anything like the refurbished Nikon 8x32 Venturer/LX's I got from him, you won't be dissapointed! I couldn't tell them from new!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-06 AT 09:07PM (MST)[p]"Leica Certified Pre-Owned"

Basically what these items are is used equipment that we get directly from Leica. They are in like new condition both optically and functionally. Most are in the box, some are not. If there is no box it is discounted that much more.
The cosmetics range from, not being able to tell it from new equipment to having been handled and there is an exterior rub mark or two on it to maybe a scratch on the exterior barrel of a Televid. Never is there any marks on the optics or inside of a tube.
We have sold loads of these items over the years. They are a great way to get into Leica optics and save some money. Leica offers these with a straight 1 year parts and labor warranty. You get to save substantial dollars, but you give up the passport warranty.
In all my years in this industry I can honestly say that there are very few binocular and spotting scope repairs. If you have a binocular that you put thru the paces when you get it, and it is a high quality unit as a Leica is, and there are no problems with it odds are you will not have any problems with it. Yes, if you drop it and brake the glass you would be covered under the passport warranty and not under the used equipment 1 year warranty, however, have you or anyone you know ever done this?

As an example, a new Leica Geovid 10x42 is $1995.00 and comes with a 5 year warranty. We sell the "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" Geovid 10x42 for $1549.99 with the 1 year warranty. When we do get them in without boxes they run $1499.99.
To me this is a savings worth looking into.
All of the "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" optics have this type of savings.

I hope this explains what "Leica Certified Pre-Owned" is. A few companies have programs similar to this, with different names, but similar savings. Nikon calls them Refurbs and Zeiss calls them Class II's. I call them a great way to save money.

Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

I have purchased ALOT of optics from Adventure Outfitters. Not only does he have great prices but I don't think you can beat the service anywhere. You should at least give them a call and ask for Jeff or Kip.
Adventure Outfitters ph# 1-888-935-4868

I paid $840.00 for my 10x42 Swarovski binos with a U.S.A. warranty.

Foreman4x4, thanks for the reply and its ok if your not Doug, lol. I've seen you post many times in the optics forum and I think it was you that once said "I'm an optic junky." I'm always interested to read your views on optics. Thanks.

Doug, thanks to you also for your reply and explaining about the used Leica's. It definitely is a savings and worth looking into. I was not aware of Leica, Zeiss and Nikon having these deals. I will be sure to let my friends know about this when they are buying optics. fatrooster.

Does anybody know if swarovski is going to have any new model for 2006 like a 10x50 in the el model.Seems like everytime you turn around there is something liter and brighter out there.

At this point there are no plans to do this. If it was going to happen it would have been announced at the Shot Show.

Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom