Bipod suggestions

400bull

Very Active Member
What are my options? I have been using Stoney Point Shooting sticks for the past 10 years and feel comfortable taking shots out to 300-400 yards with them. When I extend that out to 500 I am only hitting my 15? gong a little more the %50 of the time. With my Harris Bipod I can ring the gong all day long. The problem with the Harris is I have to shot from the prone position and that is not going to be an option with this year?s hunt. I have been thinking about getting a Snippod but I don't know if the Snippod will be any steadier then the Shooting Stick. Any thoughts or suggestions on a Bi-pod that I should look at to replace my shooting sticks?

400bull

I have both the Snipe Pod, and the Harris. Prone is always more steady and the Harris is great for that. If prone is absolutely not an option I would recommend keeping your shots <500yds. I am really good on the Snipe from 400 yards and in, but like you said they just aren't as steady (like your Stony Point)

The solution I have found is to find ways to be prone, or to have at the very least a front and rear rest in a seated position.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have had good success using my sticks as a front rest and placing my frame pack between my legs while sitting and using it as a rear support. This is very effective for me to 500 yds with a little a practice. Anything much further and I will shoot prone off of my pack and a coat under the butt.

I just got a new Bipod. I am liking it so far. I have a Harris and it pokes me when carrying it. This new one mounts on a rail so I can carry it in my pack or with it on the gun. I don't know what part of the world you are in ? But Ryan Hatch @monster Muleys has them at his store in Kanab. It's a HO bipod from Hatch outdoors. It has a few other good features the others don't have. Go check them out.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-16 AT 04:39PM (MST)[p]You guys should try a pair of these... Light, compact and super steady. They are called the Double Crossed Shooting Stick from www.highandheavyoutdoors.com

home3.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom