Birthday gift

mmwb

Very Active Member
My wife thought a sausage stuffer was a good idea. She knew I've wanted one for years.

856stuffer2.jpg

Made some snack sticks. Used a High Mountain Snack stick kit for the initial trial run. Did three pounds with the kit seasoning, three with an additional bit of black pepper and three pounds with a bit of cayanne pepper. The latter mix was the best.

4207snacksticks.jpg

I probably won't continue to use kits. They taste good, but are an expensive way to make sausage--relative to buying spices, cures and casings themselves. Time to work on some brats, pepperoni, breakfast links, and summer sausage.

Do you smoke the snack sticks? I had some nasty ole bear meat this year, used the high mountain pepper seasoning on 2 different batches. One batch I cooked in the oven the other I smoked in the big chief with oak chips then finished in the oven. The non smoked you could still taste the bear ass. The smoked batch was awesome! Took the nasty flavor out and added a delicious taste.

I didn't smoke that batch, but have since picked up a smoker and will do future snack sticks and jerky smoked. It has rocked for other meats I've actually cooked in.

Nice machine!
A sausage stuffer or quality grinder is a must for those of
us who butcher and prepare our own game.
2f350s: Hunt hard, hunt ethically.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom