Bison NR priority #18??

muleyczy

I am a non-resident and was given priority # 18. So from the numbers end of it, it sounds like I might be hunting Bison this year. I have no idea what to expect. anyone have any insight on this hunt. Thanks

It was the best hunt I've ever been on. My wife drew #3 back in '99 when they only gave out 4 tags. She got lucky and killed a real brute. This year she drew #3667, I was around #850.

Line up an outfitter someone like Tag n Drag to get your buffalo out or bring a couple of friends. It's damn near impossible to pack out the meat on your own before it spoils at that time of year.

Where exactly are the hunt areas?
When do they start and how long do they run?

I was told that this year they (F&G) will be giving out 30 something, Bull Bison tags this year.

There is two units. unit #2- Forrest and #77-Refuge near Jackson Hole I believe.

muleyczy, I drew NR#4 this year, and probably gonna go in october when the weather is a little cooler. I am new to the whole bison hunt also, but my research has begun. If you wanna swap some info in the upcoming months send me a PM.

Shane

Correct me if I'm wrong but...the tag is a "once in a lifetime" tag so...why is your wife applying again? It doesn't matter if she drew a cow or bull tag in the past. Once you have a tag AND you kill an animal you are done.

Hey highhunt must of been before JAN. 31,2001.Thats when once in lifetime started

Highhunt,
My wife drew a tag in 1999 before the once in a lifetime rule was put in place. There were only 4 tags that year, 2 tags in '98 and maybe a dozen or so in 2000 so she's one of a very few people that can draw 2 tags in her lifetime.

Your in with # 18.
Had a Friend with I think 29 last year and he was in.
Not much weather last year. the migration was late, very late.
Pray for snow.
he used tag and drag to get his bull into the back of the truck and to the meat locker.
Fun hunt.
you need weather...
The higher your # the later you hunt.
Good luck

Having hunted them in Jackson I would not show up there until late Oct at the earlist.

30 something? That something is kind of important to me, as I'm #36 NR. I heard 30 NR and that makes me SOL:....If they are going out this week, guess I'll know soon....or not.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom