Bison taxidermist

maddog58

I have a cow bison hunt in Montana this year and looking for taxidermist recommendations in the Billings area. Contemplating just bringing it home to NV and using my taxi here. Will be in July so trying to keep things simple as possible

Just remember an option is drop off the cape with a taxi there and ship the hide back and let you own taxi do it. Pricey to crate a whole bison mount and ship. My daughter's whole rug was just 16lbs in a small box. Remember to keep the head and horns intact. The great thing is you can get a euro skull mount with reproduction horns and your real horns go on the bison form. No part of the skull is used on a bison shoulder mount. Your main concern at that time is either way you'll need to get to a taxi to cape the skull. So might as well pay him/her to tan it for you. All those guys use the same tannery so not an issue picking one to just tan it.

Just remember an option is drop off the cape with a taxi there and ship the hide back and let you own taxi do it. Pricey to crate a whole bison mount and ship. My daughter's whole rug was just 16lbs in a small box. Remember to keep the head and horns intact. The great thing is you can get a euro skull mount with reproduction horns and your real horns go on the bison form. No part of the skull is used on a bison shoulder mount. Your main concern at that time is either way you'll need to get to a taxi to cape the skull. So might as well pay him/her to tan it for you. All those guys use the same tannery so not an issue picking one to just tan it.
Appreciate the info. Thanks
Howard

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom