Black Gold Photochromatic Shell

CA_Wapiti

Any Black Gold sight owners out there ever experience a lack of “tinting” or color changing on the photochromatic shell of their sights?
I noticed a few days ago that mine hasn’t been changing to that deep purple in direct sunlight like it did originally.
Any ideas what could cause this to happen? Too much heat exposure?
Sending a message to customer service today to get their thoughts on the situation.

I haven't really ever noticed that with mine.......but then again, if the pins are the right brightness for me, I never really look at the cover so I'm not sure???

I haven't really ever noticed that with mine.......but then again, if the pins are the right brightness for me, I never really look at the cover so I'm not sure???
Fortunately, I haven’t had any issues with a halo effect midday yet but I’m not too fond of the idea of it happening in the field at full draw lol I’ll let you know what the folks at Black Gold have to say. I only noticed because I was watching my wife shoot and then looked at my bow and realized mine was nearly as dark as hers

I didn’t really notice any issues with the pin lighting being too dim or too bright. Just realized the shell was no longer changing colors as dramatically as it had before. Regardless, it didn’t bother me much this weekend when I got this guy.

Attachments

• F566FE98-4A58-4DE8-8B3F-1CBC0367DD7E.jpeg
    F566FE98-4A58-4DE8-8B3F-1CBC0367DD7E.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 140
  • 1AE070CC-BC95-42EC-8334-6C26CED92C9A.jpeg
    1AE070CC-BC95-42EC-8334-6C26CED92C9A.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 124
I have had the same issues with my older sights. After a lot of sun exposure the UV rays effect the outer shell. I just called BG ordered replacements. BG has great customer service.

Haven't seen that on either mine, which i've had in AZ for many years.
BG is awesome at CS though, so just give them a call, and you'll have a replacement in no time.

Haven't noticed that with mine, turns the purple color for sure. Have had some issues with my pins not being as bright as I'd like in low light, but other than that no complaints and I love the sight.

Any Black Gold sight owners out there ever experience a lack of “tinting” or color changing on the photochromatic shell of their sights?
I noticed a few days ago that mine hasn’t been changing to that deep purple in direct sunlight like it did originally.
Any ideas what could cause this to happen? Too much heat exposure?
Sending a message to customer service today to get their thoughts on the situation.
We had the same problem when our sights were about 10yrs old. We ordered replacement shells from BlackGold and installed them with BG pointers. Or you can send the sights to BG and they will replace the shells.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom