Black Gold Pro (5 Pin)

CA_Wapiti

Hello everyone,

I hope you got your applications in and are beginning to plan out your seasons as results come in. In the mean time I suppose we are are all practicing.

My question is for any Black Gold Pro 5 pin sight owners who have managed to get the bow set up to shoot 100 yards.

I want to practice longer shots to make 70 yards and in seem like the target is right underneath me. My dilemma is that my Sight housing won’t allow the arrow to clear after 90 yards. I’ve tried moving the housing up and resighting the pins by moving them down in the housing but my floater pin (also my smallest pin/60 yard pin) bottoms out and won’t allow for anymore adjustment.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?
I’m shooting a Mathews Vertix DL: 29.5” DW: 75lb. Arrow setup is Victory VAP TKO w/55 grain outsert and 100 grain field point.

I shoot the Ascent but imagine they are similar. I am guessing you need to move your peep and anchor point at full draw, a small adjustment on the back end will make a huge difference with your sight clearance. I have clearance out to 145 yards with my 5 pin.

I shoot a similar setup. Vertix @ 29.5in and 70# with a 525gr arrow. I can roll to 100 and after that flip the top vane down and that gets me clearance to shoot out to 125yrds.

J

I’ll have to rearrange my pins and start with moving the sight housing to where it clears 100 and restart pin by pin at 20 to see if adjusting the peep sight up or down does the trick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom