Black Mtns

Gator

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-08 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]If I got the name right they are just east of the Rubies, Can anybody tell about the deer hunting there, A buddy just brought a little ranch over there said it has deer on it and I'm welcome to hunt it, The ranch is located at about 6,000 ft mark with flowing springs that are pretty good. It right around 4,000 acres.

North of Wells? I've seen decent elk and a few deer. I'm sure that it would be great during the migration when the deer migrate from the Jarbidge Wilderness and cross at HD summit and go through the Black Mountains about the end of October. fatrooster.

Thanks
I guess I should make a trip up that way in the next month, and see what is round right now with the snow and all.

So is your buddy going to fence it and lock in order to have his own little wildlife sanctuary or will he allow the locals that have hunted that country for the last 100 years or so access? Just curious. Lots of out of state people buying up the land and locking it off.

JimNv, two years ago I saw all of the signs and gates put up in that area. Its sad to see it get locked up. Glad to see that the Pequops are still public. For the time being anyhow. fatrooster.

>So is your buddy going to
>fence it and lock in
>order to have his own
>little wildlife sanctuary or will
>he allow the locals that
>have hunted that country for
>the last 100 years or
>so access? Just curious.
> Lots of out of
>state people buying up the
>land and locking it off.
>

Would you buy a big spread and let any Tom ##### and Harry access through or onto your land regardless of who they were or how long they hunted there?
I wouldn't.
It sounds like you're losing a hunting spot.

Would you buy a big spread and let any Tom ##### and Harry access through or onto your land regardless of who they were or how long they hunted there?"

Yes, knowing that there are so many landowners out there that are locking off access without reason. But then again, I respect my neighbors.

"I wouldn't."

Yeah, probably not.

"It sounds like you're losing a hunting spot."

;-)

It really was part of a larger spread, and the local guy who still lease it and runs cattle on it for so much a year lets the local guys hunt ONLY because it to big of a pain to run them off(He don't have the time or resourse to do it) but he still don't like the roads getting all rutted and people driving out across the land,Bottles and cans dropped here and there. I'm sure if my buddy had a choice right now to close the gate to stop people from treating his land land like that he would, BUT you would need to be there for that to happen and he's not there yet, But your right it will(gated) get closed some point in time just not in the next couple of years maybe after he retires. enjoy it well it last is what I would say.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom