Black vs White, the double standard.

M

moneyman

Great article about the double standard in this country when it comes to straight white males vs any other person. BTW, written by an African American Journalist.

http://capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1464

...."But how many presidential letters went out to the family of Ken Tillery? Who is Ken Tillery?

Tillery, approximately a month ago, walked down a Jasper, Texas, road. Three men offered him a ride. But the men kidnapped Tillery, driving him to a remote location. John Perazzo of FrontPageMagazine.com, describes what happened: "When the terrified Tillery jumped out of the vehicle and tried to flee, the kidnappers caught up with him, beat him, and finally ran over him -- (SET ITAL) dragging (END ITAL) (emphasis added) him to his death beneath their car's undercarriage." How much coverage did the case get? An online search of 557 newspapers found that 22 covered the story.

Why the deafening silence?

Well, Tillery is white, and the three suspects in the case -- Darrell Gilbert, Blake Little and Anthony Holmes -- are all black.

No story. "

Sad.

You ever see those Geico commercials? So easy a caveman can do it. Pretty difficult to piss off the cavemen in society these days. Can you see the irony in those commercials? I'm amazed someone hasn't been bitching.

Double standard for sure. But also a great example of how the media picks what they want us to see and hear. The Anna Nicole story is a prime example. Very few people care about it but it's everwhere in the news. Some people get involved in it, but that's because it's shoved down our throats, IMO.

You gotta be careful watching television these days. If we're not careful, you can get brainwashed. They are only going to show you what they want you to see. Pretty soon we're like a bunch of zombies walking around all thinking and saying the same thing. One reason is there are all these reporters running around all looking for the "story of the year", which usually involves "shedding light" on some "tragic injustice".

Another prime example of brainwashing is the whole man made global warming scare. Put it on the news enough and pretty soon it becomes fact. Or enough people will believe it's fact, which is the same thing.

Instead of getting brainwashed by the news media, watch a baseball game, the Home and Garden channel, or a good movie. Get outside and go for a walk, take the kids fishing, or work in the garden. Don't become a news zombie!

My $.02 anyway

Eel

You're right on the money Eel! I only watch the news for the weather and then change it back to the Discovery Channel! I think that the biased, liberal media is mostly responsible for the Dems taking control by feeding the american public a bunch of b.s. and scaring us (them)into demanding change. IMO.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-07 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]ignor it, be a good solid human and treat other's with respect, regarless of color, and everything will work out just fine.

The sky is not falling and it's all going to turn out okay.

Stop with the koolaid boyzzzzzzzzz, it's starting to make you isolationists. . .

TF it is easy to say that given where you live. If you lived where I do-outside of Atlanta-you get a different perspective on things such as race. Not saying that is the only place you have ever lived but I know when I was in Colorado for just a few months I started to forget how bad it was back home. I could go on for hours on a rant about how bad these metropolitan areas are and how once very nice places in Georgia have become deserts for white people.

HOLE-E-POOPY !!!!! they were BLACK DEFENDANTS ? O M G ! we had all better stop talking about it right now, I cannot believe that bad bad WHITE man even bothered those poor BLACK defendants, he should have laid down and died under thier vehicle, that stupid white man ran away, those poor blacks must be tired, naw they are better runners anyway right ? that white man is at fault right there ! bastard should not have even been in this country anyway right, who the hell did he think he was, he does not even have the right to talk, or breath the air in this land anymore, bow to your black masters WHITE PEOPLE ! maybe they should have killed his wife too- she was most likely at fault as well !!!!! watch out here comes SPECIAL "kkk" ! I am going to send money to the familes of those poor downtrodden black men for thier legal defense fund, this is an OUTRAGE !

I AM PROUD TO BE WHITE !!!!!

M WAITE, AZ.

I don't think anybody is saying ignore it. We all know it's a double standard, and we all know about the politiclly correct world we live in today. Dang Libs!

Let's be thankful we live in America with the best justice system in the world. Not perfect that's for sure, but still the best. I'm confident that justice will be served. Isn't that the important part? It's supposed to work the same for all people, blacks as well as whites.

Eel

Eel - "I don't think anyone is saying ignore it..."

TFinal - "Ignore it...."

LOL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom