Blacktail Velvet

buckspotter7

With the CA A zone archery opening next weekend, I thought I'd post some blacktails in velvet! Good luck to those hitting the woods (or brush) next weekend!

4a4fdcc45ad686c9.jpg

4a4fdcf15b63b0a9.jpg

4a4fdd625cf55a82.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-09 AT 07:17PM (MST)[p]man a few of those racks are rejects from the scrape yard!!
picture number 3 is a 2x1 buck(his left branch is not upper 3rd from base up, technically its an eye guard, whats up with number 1?)

thanks for sharing..

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Nice pictures, looks like you have A zone pretty much set for next weeks archery opener. The first and/or last bucks would look great on the wall. I like the character of the antlers on those two.

Bill

Didn't mean to imply I was going hunt these bucks. These are all backyard or State Park bucks on land where you can't hunt. I'd love to run into something like these, but my sights aren't set that high. They are all A zone bucks though, so the potential is there!

Back in the early 1970's i'd be hunting bucks by now. Not sure exactly when the A-zone Archery season opened but do remember it being open on the 4th.

Good luck to you guys hunting stick and string. I gave it up myself many years ago, because our equipment was so terrible, but do still remember and understand the skill, challenge, and thrill of getting close to them blacktail critters we so love to hunt!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom