Blaine Washington, Lyndon

rubble

Guys.

Live near the Rocky?s. I have an opportunity possibly to work for BP in Blaine. Engineer by trade.

I am avid elk, Mule deer, hunter. Love waterfowl as well. Where I'm from I can do all within 45 min of my house.

Question, the northwest is beautiful area. Is hunting pretty accessible?

Blaine is nice. You will be close to some good salmon and bottomfish fishing. And close to the Skagit Valley with good waterfowl hunting. As far as Mule deer/ Whitetails it is all on the eastside of the state and the numbers are dismal and hunting pressure is terrrible. There would be some good blacktail hunting nearby. Elk you have to chose east or west . East side has a larger population , but is mostly spike only unless you draw a special permit. West side is 3pt or better. If you are a archer there are some better seasons and some either sex units. Not sure where you are coming from but be prepared this state is becoming a zoo.Traffic and crowds everywhere you go. Best of luck !

Thanks a bunch for the reply!

YeH I understand crowds. I live in a town of 5000. However all 5000 Hunt. It gets crowded up on the mountain here. I'm actually out of Utah currently. However mergers with my company may force relocation.

The fishing opportunity is attractive to me. As well as blacktail deer.

As for Washington Blaine area is pretty nice . Close to the San Juan islands , Mount Baker and step over the border and explore Canada. Hope it works out for you.

Lots of good bucks up in the wilderness.

Washington has lots of hunters, but has brutal spots that has really good critters. More guys would do it, but the draw structure is not the best with the number of guys putting in. Every hunter, wife, son, daughter, and neice has pts and puts in.

Well I'm used to lots of hunters and draws. I just hunted my first limited entry elk.... 24 years to draw. Haha. I'm out of Utah.

I visited the area a year ago for a different opportunity I turned down. I loved it. Economic reasons I declined. But I am ready for a change.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom