Blaze Orange Clarification

ORIONTHEHUNTER

Very Active Member
Am I understanding the regulations correctly in that I have an LE muzzleloader elk tag and I don't have to wear orange until the general season deer hunt starts in my unit? Thanks

The technology committee will be meeting next week to review this very thing. There have been concerns with the advancements of camo patterns and hunting clothing, etc.

Insider scoop is they are recommending orange prison jumpsuits for each weapons hunting season.

? sorry... couldn't resist.

The technology committee will be meeting next week to review this very thing. There have been concerns with the advancements of camo patterns and hunting clothing, etc.

Insider scoop is they are recommending orange prison jumpsuits for each weapons hunting season.

But you have to buy the Dettamani kids orange merch since he's on the committee.

So, when will they get to socks, boots and underwear.? Am I going to be able to keep my temple garments on? And how about what I'm able to eat so I don't have bad breath or fart too much? Or use soaps and shampoos that wash out my human odor? Those technologies help me to get close to my deer or elk and should be banned. (I could resist, but I ain't gonna.)

This committee reminds me of the current political situation. Those who make the rules often don't realize that when you change the rules of the game, you change the way it is played!
Those changes are made under the assumption that the players will keep doing the same things they were doing before the change. THEY WON"T!!!!!

No bait! No cameras? No scopes? I'll just do more scouting and use more attractant scents and decoys and rattling and calling and deer drives and teaming up. and treestands and blinds. I'll hunt more days, hunt more hours during the daytime, build fake scraps and rubs and wallows. I'll get a better gun or bow and I'll practice a lot more. And, for the most part, you'll see little, if any, reduction of success rates. And it certainly won't help increase the herd popuilations or the quality of the bucks and bulls! BUT, it'll be fair chase and ethical, right?

Maybe these for Bow Fishing?

Robb

cb137ea80a5089301aaa186ec0a66003--bikini-camo-camo-swimsuit.jpg

So, when will they get to socks, boots and underwear.? Am I going to be able to keep my temple garments on? And how about what I'm able to eat so I don't have bad breath or fart too much? Or use soaps and shampoos that wash out my human odor? Those technologies help me to get close to my deer or elk and should be banned. (I could resist, but I ain't gonna.)

This committee reminds me of the current political situation. Those who make the rules often don't realize that when you change the rules of the game, you change the way it is played!
Those changes are made under the assumption that the players will keep doing the same things they were doing before the change. THEY WON"T!!!!!

No bait! No cameras? No scopes? I'll just do more scouting and use more attractant scents and decoys and rattling and calling and deer drives and teaming up. and treestands and blinds. I'll hunt more days, hunt more hours during the daytime, build fake scraps and rubs and wallows. I'll get a better gun or bow and I'll practice a lot more. And, for the most part, you'll see little, if any, reduction of success rates. And it certainly won't help increase the herd popuilations or the quality of the bucks and bulls! BUT, it'll be fair chase and ethical, right?
So what you're saying is you'll be "putting the hunt back into hunting"?‍♂️

So what you're saying is you'll be "putting the hunt back into hunting"?‍♂️
I've been doing those things in some form or another my whole hunting life. (I'm now 81.) And I've bowhunted most of the way (since I was 25.) So, just exactly when did I actually TAKE the hunt out of hunting? When I first picked up a compound bow in about 1975? When I first built a natural blind out of available material I found? When I first used a moo cow decoy (or turkey or dove decoy) as a confidence decoy to help draw in the deer, elk or antelope? When I first tried Skunk Skreen? When I first tried a sliding elk whistle or a Hoochie Mama? When I first put up a ladder tree stand? When I first used a popout blind? When I first used some old Army camo clothing I bought at a local Army-Navy Surplus Store? When I first bought walkie-talkies for my dad and I so we could keep each other updated? Please tell me what I did that wasn't hunting?

According to elkassasin, I guess I crossed the line by using a couple dozen well-placed and scattered apples at an active waterhole or on a well-used trail in order to get a clear, clean, standing, level, close, broadside bowshot at a single relaxed animal whose head is behind a tree, rock, log, stump or small pile of branches so he/she doesn't see me draw my bow. Well, we can't have that now, can we? Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking.

A long time ago, I realized I couldn't outrun them, outsmell them, outhear them or outsee them, but I knew I could outsmart them and that's what I've tried to do. But now, it seems that it's unethical to do that! "Hunting" is considered a physical activity and any mental activity is discouraged because it's unethical and not fair chase.

And the irony of all this regulating and banning is that it will do NOTHING to reduce the harvest success rate or increase the quantity or quality of the herds. In fact, it could actually increase the success rate because hunters are going to have to invent new ways to get 'er done.

In any case, whatever you come up with, I wish you success and a fun and safe hunt!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom