Blaze Orange ?

Dirtbag

I've read the regulations that state all rifle hunters are required to wear blaze Orange but does this requirement also apply to a buddy that is in the field with me but has no tag ? He would probably wear it anyway but I Wouldn't want him to get cited in case he forgets.

No. Only required if you are actually hunting. Even guides are not required to wear it.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I dont think its mandatory... wouldnt lead to citation but i would wear it for safety's sake if I was in the field among hunters! That s what blaze orange is all about. I would strongly encourage your friend to wear it. People are frickin dumb out there- be safe.

I would personally never go in the field during a rifle season without blaze orange even if I was only an observer. Even when I bowhunted during the muzzy season, I wore a blaze camo vest and hat.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-19 AT 11:46AM (MST)[p]I like the blaze camo as an observer as well....breaks you up a bit and you can still be seen, not legal for the licensed hunter

The whole blaze orange requirement is interesting. Some states, like Nevada, don't require any orange during rifle season. I know Nevada has way fewer hunters than Colorado, but it would be interesting to see percentages of people shot with or without orange.
Crazy people do crazy things regardless. I know a guy who was shot while riding his wheeler in Colorado during hunting season and he was wearing orange. The guy who shot him thought he was an elk.

Too bad COLO should do like WYO, they even sell their own Camo Orange hats with different game on them.

Brian

http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom