BLM Fire Breaks

The forest circus is doing that down in AZ right now. Munching up fuels along side existing roads with a machine mounted grinding head. Think of a giant roto tiller.

I prefer mechanical eradication to chemical. Call me paranoid about poison and the impacts we won't understand for years. Fire makes alot of sense so the firefighters can stay busy in the off season, but I look forward to what the fire dudes think.

Like it or not, there is an economic argument in support of protecting private property. Not to mention morality.

On the first link, has anyone noticed the ATTACHMENTS down on the Lower Right...???

Bluehair, I suspect you have a high IQ so I went back and after a few tries, I copied the Attachments section.

I shall Try to Paste here:
ATTACHMENTS

There is always a $$$$ item attached to Gov's and Employees. Like Kaiser Hospital, they place a $$$ attached to each Patient and Insured Person via % invested coupled with, Return. Its a bad saga insofar as where we are and, where we are going.

Hugs
Jagerdad :)

Bluehair, I suspect you have a high IQ so .....Hugs
Jagerdad :)

:oops: Sorry, you got the wrong guy. Mile wide and an inch deep and regressing every day. Currently in my second toddler phase. I sleep like one, dress like one, eat like one , and seem to need potty training again.:cry:

Last edited:
I have seen breaks work and breaks not work (used to be a wildland firefighter). If the breaks are up kept (annual grass kept out of the breaks) they will slow down enough the firefighters can usually get control of the fire. The only extremely good fire break is bare soil (brown stripping) and that is not good habitat for much of anything. The strips cost money to put in and maintain. With spending billions of dollars on fires I hope implementing these breaks and maintaining them are worth it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom