BLM roads

bowedark

The road conditions on the BLM in Wyoming are in terrible condition. Other states I find the BLM roads are in better condition? Or Is it the units I hunt? I was wondering what up on this situation ?

BLM road maintenance is done by what is called a travel management plan. The roads that have the most traffic or are within the more "visible" portions of each field office get the most attention.

It also makes a difference on what other constraints are in the area. For example if the area has some sort of wildlife restriction (nesting sage grouse or some raptor nest) it can not be bladed during that specific timing limitation.

Most field offices only have one individual doing road maitenance, and if they hit that particular road early, they may not get back to it before its conditions make it useless to blade.

(Just recently read a travel management plan that might upgrade a bunch of two tracks, making road hunting a lot easier)

py

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom