Blood thirsty wolf killers

I don’t mind a well managed wolf population. But nobody can look at the current numbers and say with a straight face that they are an endangered species.

The numbers far exceed the goal for reintroduction. Nothing wrong with hunting them just like everything else that has a stable population.

Hmmmm……?????? Endangered species. I think not. Just look at all the wolves in Alaska and Canada and we know they are not an endangered species. If you truly want good humour then skip the article and read the bleeding hearts comments below it. LMAO. Clueless.

Last edited:
She was in Rolling Stone magazine that says it all. She is a narcissist in the worst way. She is protecting her way of life and doesn't care how that effects anyone else around her.
This is just like California they preach the science but don't follow it themselves.
It is a balance in nature as we all know it when that balance is out of whack certain species suffer it is just science right?

I've Said Many Times & Forever:

You'll Never Satisfy All the Different Types of JOKERS in this World!

We Have a Few Wolves in TARDville!

But We have More TARDS than Wolves!

The Big Coyotes Don't Seem to Over Populate here!

Hmmmm……?????? Endangered species. I think not. Just look at all the wolves in Alaska and Canada and we know they are not an endangered species. If you truly want good humour then skip the article and read the bleeding hearts comments below it. LMAO. Clueless.

Look at where they live

The book The Real Wolf is very interesting and well worth the read. The animal rights groups are making tens of millions of dollars by keeping the controversy alive.

" And shameless hunters with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation would have you believe there are few elk left because wolves are eating them""

To quote garth brooks "WELL I'M SHAMELESS"

I guess I’m okay with scorpions, rattlesnakes, cougars, bears, coyotes, fox, weasels, etc etc, but not in my house, not in my yard, not in my chicken coop, not in my pasture, not in my forest, where I have my kids, my garden, my domestic live stock and my pheasants, my chukers, elk, deer, moose, and antelope. etc. etc.

If you want them in your house, yard, garden, pasture, forest, tundra, etc. etc. etc you go, girl! Just make damn sure you keep them in your place and out of mine. I don’t raise my stuff..... to feed your stuff.

I guess there wasn't a reason they got killed off back in the day.
If they all would like to donate to the ranchers and farmers that lose livestock to wolves and at the going rate of replacement I'm sure they would then have better view.
Instead it Prove that cow or horse was killed by a wolf not just eaten by one.

I guess there wasn't a reason they got killed off back in the day.
If they all would like to donate to the ranchers and farmers that lose livestock to wolves and at the going rate of replacement I'm sure they would then have better view.
Instead it Prove that cow or horse was killed by a wolf not just eaten by one.

Oh, I don't think that rancher group wants to start talking about paying the "going rate" on things. Leasing hundreds of thousands of acres every summer seems like it would cost an awful lot more than it does currently.

There is room for both wolves and ranching operations. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Manage wolves. Manage the ranching operations. I kind of see both groups in the same light...

Sorry, I don’t think there is room for both wolves and ranching any more than there is room for foxes on your chicken coop. It can’t work. As Gator said, there’s a reason they were removed when the ranches/ farmers, settlers first came here. The animals have not changed. People think humans have changed....... some how we are now intelligent enough to have both. We’re not. At least not intelligent enough to figure out a way to have both......... without unimaginable, time consuming, unreasonable, ridiculous, cost prohibitive, social conflicted, on going, never ending quarrels and fights with other humans.

Oh ya, we can have both but we can’t have both without constant conflict. No thank you. Your great grand father got it right the first time.

Oh, I don't think that rancher group wants to start talking about paying the "going rate" on things. Leasing hundreds of thousands of acres every summer seems like it would cost an awful lot more than it does currently.

There is room for both wolves and ranching operations. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Manage wolves. Manage the ranching operations. I kind of see both groups in the same light...

See look. Me and Vanilla agree. He's a 100% right on this.

I'm very pro public grazing. But let's not pretend they don't get a deal. What's hay? $9.00 a bale?

mt ..... your a smart guy, I respect your opinions, not because I always agree but I know you can always justify your beliefs. Can’t ask for more than that.

“They are either there, or coming”

Well.... probably.

I’ve given up trying to influence wildlife management, and/or mismanagement. I’ve said it before and I guess I may as well say it again. 74 old men shouldn’t be telling 40 year olds how to manage or mismanage their generation’s wildlife. So......... if wolves come to Utah or not, it will no longer have anything to do with me.

But..... regarding opinions on what should be or what outcomes will be, in spite and attitude, I still have a few thoughts that rattle around.

In the lower 48, human populations and crowding are considerably elevated since the last time we had signicant populations of wolves and grizzly bears. We still have yet to learn what the consequence will be when these apex predators grow to significant numbers. I’m not gonna pretend to know what the next generation of humans will decide a significant number is, but there is one and if or when we get here, the critter will loss to the human, again.

Currently Utah, has intentionally kept their numbers of wolves extreme low. We can agree how many are here now but it’s very few. The image below is part of the empirical reason I believe that. Not many folks that get a photo of a wolf, in Utah, are not going share it. If the right people in Utah encounter a wolf, nobodies ever going to know about it. As of now, not many wolf picture are getting passed around the wedding receptions. With the number of trail cameras, on our public lands, not many critters, of any make or model are going undetected.

So...... if wolves or grizzlies come here, in significance numbers, the only way they’ll “stay”, is if our law and our attitudes here change. Laws and attitudes could change but at the present, there’s no indication they’re are.....there’s no noise in the back rooms or notes on the napkins. At least not at the present. That certainly doesn’t mean folks haven’t tired.

Why?

Because, as a State, “those in control” don’t want them.

Why?

For the same reason their great grand fathers didn’t want them. They are too difficult to manage and mismanagement creates too many conflicts with the existing demographic.

“Wolves are coming”...... they could because our demographic is certainly changing. Will it change enough to accommodate wolves before the rest of the State’s wolves populations grow large enough to cause those State to remove their wolves, again, I don’t know but I’m willing to wager a $100 wolves won’t be legal in Utah in my life time. And, while it will be hard to collect because a corpse can’t pay it’s bets but........, I’d wager another $100 that, in time, other States, in the lower 48, will, at some point in time decide wolves are incompatible with human in large numbers, the same as they did over 120 years ago.

Just because they’re back, in many places, doesn’t mean their going to stay. It’s too bad that humans have to relearn so dang many things.

Now this will get me in a ton of hot water because it is unadulterated speculation and how could we ever know, but what the hell, I’ll speculate anyway.

The Native Americans, at least, the ones I’ve read about all gave grizzlies and jaguars a wide wide birth. They respected them to the poInt they treated them as gods or god like entities. They counted coup if they could prove they even touch a live one.

Why?

First it was out of abject fear, then respect, then worship. Now, let’s suppose that their ancestry had the firearm before the grizzly had become a god like animal to them,....... meaning they weren’t terrified of them, because they could protect themselves from them and kill them, like any other animal in the neighborhood. If that had been the case, do you think the Native American would have tolerated the grizzly....... or the wolf, or the jauguar? I don’t, I think they would have been extinct long before our ancestors got here. Human don’t put up with an abundance of bull sh-t from animals, if they don’t have to.

Humans love nature and wild things but not more than they love food, there lives and their well being. Hell, we fight wars and kill each other, when conflicts reach a “signficant” degree.

So....... maybe “their coming”....... but they “aren’t gonna stay”.

But what the heck would I know and your experiences and bias are as good and as justified as mine.

Wish we could be here long enough to see it play out...... I still kinda like it here.

558065AA-616A-40C0-83AF-387F8625244E.jpeg

Last edited:
Lumpy, I agree that you should be able to keep wolves off of your PRIVATELY owned ranch, just like keeping a Fox out of your chicken coop.

Don’t be so entitled to think that you get to control public lands the way you would your chicken coop, however. That sounds an awful lot like something entitled little Land would say from his Patagonia ivory tower.

There is absolutely enough room for wolves and ranching operations to coexist. We’ll lose some livestock, and we have programs to mitigate that. We’ll lose some wolves, and we have programs to mitigate that. But I will adamantly maintain anyone saying one side of this should win out to the full detriment of the other is dead wrong. And quite frankly, ignorant.

Lumpy, I agree that you should be able to keep wolves off of your PRIVATELY owned ranch, just like keeping a Fox out of your chicken coop.

Don’t be so entitled to think that you get to control public lands the way you would your chicken coop, however. That sounds an awful lot like something entitled little Land would say from his Patagonia ivory tower.

There is absolutely enough room for wolves and ranching operations to coexist. We’ll lose some livestock, and we have programs to mitigate that. We’ll lose some wolves, and we have programs to mitigate that. But I will adamantly maintain anyone saying one side of this should win out to the full detriment of the other is dead wrong. And quite frankly, ignorant.
Could be. Certainly wouldn’t be the first time.

Regarding public land. You are absolutely right, it all our land. Hope we can some how figure out how we can keep it that way. However as public land and as long as it stays public, my wants and needs are just as viable as anyone else’s. As a group, we’ll work out what stays and what goes. So I call it mine, so can you and every other American. Have said that, I don’t want your wolves on my place, ie; public land, you do. We have a conflict. Conflicts eventually come to a head. I’m willing to bet, over time, the majority will decide wolves and other apex predators aren’t comparable, in the lower 48. Like pervious land owners, public and private did.

But, ignorance is always here with us....., maybe it’s ignorance to assume one is not ignorant. I’m always learning how wrong I’ve been in the past. I find it liberating.

Last edited:
Just to be clear: they aren’t my wolves.

I’m just not afraid of this boogeyman. And I think it would be really cool to hunt them.

:) well Vinalla, they dang sure aren’t mine, so if they’re on our public land, they must yours.

I would love to hunt them too, fact of the matter is, I have. Twice. All be it, I’ve never seen one in the wild. I’m a lousy hunter. I have heard them. Numerous times. They sound cool, they are beautiful.
That has nothing to do with whether I believe people will tolerate wolves in the current and pending environment, in the lower 48. Nor should they have to. My hell we can’t even get along with the other, current land use industries, on our multiple use lands, let alone adding a previously demonstrated incomparable predator back into the mix.

There is no reason you can’t hunt them and never has been. You should and I hope you get to. I just hope you don’t get to hunt them in my backyard, or yours.

No need to give in, like I said, just opinions rattling around in an old worn out mind. Vanilla and mt are just as entitled to their opoiniins as anyone else’s.

Last edited:
At one point my extended family had the biggest sheep company in the west. My dad herded. My uncle herded.

I share hunting camps with ranchers who graze.

I support public grazing.

BUTTTTTT.

If they don't like sharing land with predators, or hunters, or wildlife, or whatever, they are free to buy hay.

We don't owe them a landscape and buisness model free of issues or risk

"Haven’t we evolved at all? Haven’t we slaughtered enough wildlife? Are we merely savages, emerging from caves to rein havoc and destruction on nature?"

That's the most dangerous statement in the entire rant because it sums up the direction all sport hunting is headed, slowly but surely.

We suck.

What exactly did we think the outcome of celebrating massive tag increases on wolves VIA LEGISLATURE would be?

What do we think the reaction will be to SSS?

The wolf worshippers don't have to make up a single thing, they can simply quote US.

Most of the country does know or care about wolves.

But reading "Idaho legisture wants to reduce wolves 90%", or "the state of ___________, opens wolf seasons 11months a year", or "Utah hunters quietly kill and bury wolves".

What do we think this looks like? What do we think will happen?

WE are our own worst freaking enemy. Be it IG, or our stupidity about PR. We shoot ourselves in the head, then complain because the "lefties" let us bleed out.

Wolves exist because of the massive success story that PUBLIC LAND CONSERVATION is. That conservation lead BY HUNTERS WHO FUND THE WILDLIFE ON IT. We don't publically celebrate that. We don't advertise that. We publically say STUPID CHIT, thinking it makes us look tough, or rebellious.

The wolf worshippers just publish what we say.

I saw a guy on IG yesterday that posted a photo of 4 notched Idaho tags.... as a teaser. I think it was Idaho? Today he posted the 4 wolves he took in one calling setup in which he got 4 of the 5 that came into very close range. Amazing story, wish I saved it or remember who it was. He probably should have kept it quiet.

Currently Utah, has intentionally kept their numbers of wolves extreme low. We can agree how many are here now but it’s very few. The image below is part of the empirical reason I believe that. Not many folks that get a photo of a wolf, in Utah, are not going share it. If the right people in Utah encounter a wolf, nobodies ever going to know about it. As of now, not many wolf picture are getting passed around the wedding receptions. With the number of trail cameras, on our public lands, not many critters, of any make or model are going undetected.

View attachment 49291
I feel sorry for you Utah guys living in a chithole where no wild animal goes undetected. Cameras everywhere, roads all over the place and fighting for camping spots. LR dipsticks everywhere sending cripples running off. Sounds really good. I'll take Montana and wolves. mtmuley

I feel sorry for you Utah guys living in a chithole where no wild animal goes undetected. Cameras everywhere, roads all over the place and fighting for camping spots. LR dipsticks everywhere sending cripples running off. Sounds really good. I'll take Montana and wolves. mtmuley

Ummmm.

Last I checked, the wolf worshippers were in Montana.

As are the grizzly worshippers.

Plus, you touch Canada. LITERALLY.

Ummmm.

Last I checked, the wolf worshippers were in Montana.

As are the grizzly worshippers.

Plus, you touch Canada. LITERALLY.
What's your point? I said I feel sorry for you guys in Utah. Clue me in on the wolf and grizzly worshippers. I live here and I'm not sure who you are talking about. Thanks. mtmuley

It’s okay mt. We appreciate it but there’s no need to feel sorry for us, we have about twice as many opinions as you have, so we’re just fine.
I'm fine too. I can be bull elk hunting every year within an hour of my house. No people, no side by sides, no dumbasses of any kind. Just me. And, I kill a wolf once in awhile. Win win. mtmuley

mt:
Ya, I knew you had something like that to enjoy, happy for you but....... I still have all you have and our chithole too (your term for Utah, not mine but, just making sure we communicate)

The rocks we put on our pocket eventually add up to a heavy load. I’m packing a few myself but I try to keep them to a minimum. I’m not a strong rock hauler.

But in as much as I believe you meant you’d rather “not take the chithole and us dipshits”, and yet we haven’t swore off Montana and it’s hunting /fishing etc., we have twice the opportunities.

I’m in Montana a couple of times a year, I like it there, I like it a lot.

Those lodgepole pines that follow those ridges out in the prairie are one of my favorite places in the west. The Missouri River area between Helena and Great Falls is beautiful, almost breathtaking. Lots of other beauty there, in lots of other places. Can’t wait to make the drive every year. Over the last 47 years I think driven nearly every road in the State. Had a grandson play baseball for the college in Miles City for two years, drove that numerous times over that period of time.

And I like the folks that live there, salt of the earth. I always take a while to visit with local folks that fuel at the Cenex Station in Dillion when I’m headed north. Those local boys are all easy to relate to.

So...... I’ll say it again, no need to feel sorry for us. We got you, and the chithole too. Cool, huh?

Last edited:
mt is PISSED Cuzz the Wolves Invaded His State!

That BS Don't Happen Here!

Well!

At Least Not Yet!:D
So far, so good. I wonder if anybody really cares anymore, that has any power. Now that the other States are populated and the ProWolf folk’s plan has been successful, why would they bother spending time and money shoving it up Utah’s butt, when Utah is quite well dug in. What would they (wolf advocates) gain wasting time, resources and public collateral fighting for Utah, when they are already trying to keep the rest of the chickens in the pen they’ve already got them in. Until there’s a major legislative attitude change in Utah...... we may be okay.

For the folks that want to hunt wolves, there is lots of opportunity. Alaska, Yukon, NWT, all most all of the Canadian Provinces have wolves to hunt. Also, for the time being, several US States have wolf hunting. Lots of places to see and hunt them, if that’s the motivation for having them.

This chithole will be just fine without them.

You'll keep talking about great your states are and before you know it a lot of those " people" from California will be moving there just ask UT
In SD they talk about how bad the winters are and how they last 5 month or more and that pretty much keep those people out. So Thanks MT,WYO,UT,ID for the help.
LOL

What's your point? I said I feel sorry for you guys in Utah. Clue me in on the wolf and grizzly worshippers. I live here and I'm not sure who you are talking about. Thanks. mtmuley

You must not get out much. I don't live there and know how to find the Montana wolf wotshippers

You must not get out much. I don't live there and know how to find the Montana wolf wotshippers
Pretty sad examples hossblur. And that idiot that scooped up the blood is in Wyoming. The folks I know and hang out with aren't them. And Lumpy, most of what I read on here about Utah doesn't paint a great picture of how hunting and outdoor recreation goes there. Keep it. mtmuley

Last edited:
Pretty sad examples hossblur. And that idiot that scooped up the blood is in Wyoming. The folks I know and hang out with aren't them. And Lumpy, most of what I read on here about Utah doesn't paint a great picture of how hunting and outdoor recreation goes there. Keep it. mtmuley
Aw shucks, come on down mt, I’m a hopeless exaggerator and a pathological liar. You can’t believe a thing I’ve told you. Never can. Remember, I told you, in the beginning, I’m no longer trying to influence anyone these days. Just toying with the empty spaces where there was once some substance.

Aw shucks, come on down mt, I’m a hopeless exaggerator and a pathological liar. You can’t believe a thing I’ve told you. Never can. Remember, I told you, in the beginning, I’m no longer trying to influence anyone these days. Just toying with the empty spaces where there was once some substance.
We like where we are at you and me. mtmuley

Hey mt?

I Don't know that there's been anybody Cited For Poaching Wolves in TARDvill in Many Decades!

And I'll GUARAN-DAMN-TEE You Some Have Been Shot!

Really MtMuley you really think your chit stinks less than Utahs.
Montana has plenty of long range hunting, infact I would dare to bet long range hunting was invented in Montana.
Montana Trail cameras yep allowed.
Montana High dollar Trophy tags yep.
Montana Hunting season's that run from August through January yep.
I suppose one man's Picasso is another man's Monet.

Really MtMuley you really think your chit stinks less than Utahs.
Montana has plenty of long range hunting, infact I would dare to bet long range hunting was invented in Montana.
Montana Trail cameras yep allowed.
Montana High dollar Trophy tags yep.
Montana Hunting season's that run from August through January yep.
I suppose one man's Picasso is another man's Monet.
Ok. Thanks for that. mtmuley

Oh, ok. So unless you hang out with them, they ain't from Montana. Got it?

Oh, ok. So unless you hang out with them, they ain't from Montana. Got it?
In Montana we have way more issues that have to be addressed other than wolves. And I know from your posts you don't know $hit about wolves or the way they are managed. Keep making yourself look stupid. mtmuley

In Montana we have way more issues that have to be addressed other than wolves. And I know from your posts you don't know $hit about wolves or the way they are managed. Keep making yourself look stupid. mtmuley

Well. Since this was a thread about WOLVES, perhaps learn to stay on subject? When you see the "Montana has way more issues....." thread, that's where you can jump in and "educate" all of us.

As to this thread, your contribution is we all don't know as much as you, cuz you say so, and, there ain't no wolf worshippers in Montana, cuz you say so.

Your contribution has been invaluable. Well worth what we paid for it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom