Boise Area Veterinarian

I'm actually interested in this thread as well as I'm still searching for a good vet who isn't more of a "salesman" than a doctor. I swear, veterinary medicine has become 90% selling products and services that you don't need and 10% actual medicine. I haven't found a vet yet that I consider a "keeper" but don't have a lot of experience as I only take my dogs in when they actually need one and oftentimes don't have the luxury of "shopping around" at that time. I can tell you to avoid WestVet at all costs unless you have an after hours emergency and it's the only place open. They are overpriced and run by greedy corporate investors and the vets I have experienced there are incompetent. One of my dogs nearly lost an eye because of their incompetence.

If you are willing to travel to Emmett, Dr. Dan at Emmett Animal Medical is a great vet. He has worked on my dogs a lot. Last year, he waited well after closing hours to sew my pup up after he got into a barbed wire fence.

Thanks guys. Nothing going on with my pup. I'm just looking for a Dr. who knows the rigors of a hard driving bird dog who is good with sutures and doesn't want to charge me $900 for a 12 stitch laceration!
Vets are like taxidermist hard to find one who is worth damn. Thx!

Woodington in Eagle took care of my old Brittany. He wasn't hunted but I liked the way he approached taking care of the old dog. Wasn't trying to sell me magical cures, just tried to keep him comfortable.

What’s going on with the pup? If it’s knee or hip I do.
I have a setter that won't stop limping after a hard run/hunt, and my vet, who is often brought up on these threads, found nothing in 3 tries, including xrays, so if you have a good vet for Knee's and Hips, please share. She's an awesome 5yr old bird missle, but I'm worried I'm harming her. Brian

Elkboy-, if you wouldn't mind I'd love a PM as well. I've got a 5-year-old WPG who's been limping on his front leg for the last 2 to 3 weeks after a hard run/hike. My normal vet can't find anything with x-rays etc. very similar to BPK's situation.

Seems like I get chewed out on here more then I like. So I just like to talk to people over direct messages.

A lot of Vets are specialty type and only work with large animals Cows' Horse, Ect.
My niece is one and she don't do alot of small animals. But does have the ability to do stuff with small animals. BUT then she is in cow country where she lives.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom