bonus point averaging, up or down?

llamapacker

I am trying to confirm how AZ handles averaging bonus points. For example, a party of two people, one with 2 points and the other with 1 point. The average is 1.5.
In the past, I believe this was averaged "up", giving the party 2 points. Is this still the case? Where does it state the rule in the regulations or on the website?

Has there been a change? It appears this year my party app was rounded "down".

Thanks,

Bill

The 2021 deer regs have the information on rounding up or down. I don't have them handy, but 0.5 is rounded up, 0.49 rounded down, if memory serves.

What are Group Bonus Points?
Group Bonus Points occur in the Big Game Draw when 2 to 4 applicants apply on 1 hunt application. Group bonus points are calculated by adding the species bonus points, loyalty bonus point, and hunter education bonus point for each applicant on an application and dividing that total by the number of applicants. The Department shall use the average number of bonus points accumulated by the individuals in the group, rounded to the nearest whole number. If the average has decimal digits equal to or greater than .5, the total will be rounded to the next higher number otherwise it is rounded down.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/PortalImages/images/Hunting/Draw/drawDEMObonus.jpg

How do you know it was rounded down? Two family members applied this draw together and theirs were rounded up like others have mentioned.

Thanks, everyone, for confirming what I thought was the rule. I expected the points to be rounded up. It looks like this was a screw up (!) in this year's draw.

When I go to my portal page, then draw apps, and click on the "details" tab for the draw, it show the "Group bonus points average" which is one point less, or rounded down from the average.

I will call for an explanation...

Bill

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom