Bonus Point Report – 2023 Elk-Pronghorn

Would that even be identifiable? It would seem to me that if the tag wasn't available in the 10%, the computer would just move on with no record of it. It's all just random generated numbers, right?
I believe it is identifiable in the logs of any reasonable piece of software. If I had one of these double dipping Ex-resident lifetime licenses, I would FOIA this. Get the logs. Or at least get all the emails and meeting notes from AZ GFD staff.

Surely staff discussed remediation of this 2023 error and whether they would be able to identify the random pass lifetime license holders that were inappropriately NR capped out.

I believe it is identifiable in the logs of any reasonable piece of software. If I had one of these double dipping Ex-resident lifetime licenses,
It sounds like you are a bit hostile towards those of us with the license, why bring more attention to this? If there are more errors in the random, it will just take tags from the residents.

Yes I had 20 NR points last year and thought I'd draw Unit 1 archery according to the Epic/huntin fool. No dice, now I have 21 and am thinking of holding off another year due to some other hunts I want to go on and seeing how others cashing in there points due to good moisture and late dates will affect other unit odds for future years.
There was about a 2 point jump last year for unit 1. I had 21 and only 5 of the 12 non-residents with 21 points drew Unit 1 early archery last year. I was not among the winners. (Technically....we don't know how many of the folks with 21 points were still in the running because 9 of those were 2nd choice applicants and they could have drawn out their first choice already....FWIW) I thought I was a lock but that's what 18 months of good moisture, the latest season dates possible, a new moon, etc...get you. I'm hopeful with 22 points this year that we won't see major point creep again. It is also possible that more folks continue to bail on 9, 10, 3c, etc....and are looking to unit 1 now. With only 12 tags going in the bonus/preference point round for non-residents, it doesn't take many people to have a strategy shift to cut the legs out from under your hopes and dreams....haha.

They always screw up and give me great tags. . After 45 years as a Resident I am now a Non Res. with my life time license at 67 years old. So I love the Double Dipping as some Jealous Guy said here. Can't wait to draw again....................BULL!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom